Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APAC Region Canvas Community Meet-up

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach
3 25 1,645
PLEASE NOTE - RE Timezones

If you haven't already had a chance, please ensure you set the Timezone correctly on your Jive (Canvas Community) account. We have had a few people get caught out by the dates and times being in a US timezone and showing as running a day earlier than the event. This event will run on the 27th March 2018 at 3:30PM AEDT.

Description

If you are in the Asia-Pacific region (APAC) and are in any type of Institution using, looking at using or starting to implement Canvas, please come along and join in the discussion. Having said that, even if you are not in the APAC region and would like to attend you are MORE than welcome, or if you would like to mark yourself as maybe attending so you can see the recording afterwards, please feel free!

This three-weekly meetup is a chance to talk with other institutions, including representatives from both a learning design/pedagogy and technical background.

Please note: The event will be recorded and the recording made available on YouTube for those that are unable to attend.

Agenda (or Objectives)

Item#DescriptionDiscussion LeadTime Allotted
1Welcome to new membersStuart Ryan5 min
2Quick round the group update on what everyone is doingStuart Ryan10 min
3Review of the top priorities for APAC listStuart Ryan5 min
4Discussion on Zoom LTI and the new release, LTI feature roadmapKiran Mohan10 min
5MS Office LTI - Who is using it and what are your experiences?Mark Van de Velde10 min
6New Turnitin Plagiarism Framework DiscussionJayde Colquhoun10 min
6InstructureCarn 2018 - InstructureCarn 2018 - Who is an APAC Carney? Stuart Ryan5 min
7Call for presentations/discussions for the next meeting/discussion leaders/etcStuart Ryan5 min
8Next Meeting APAC Region Canvas Community Meet-up (April) (don't forget to register)Stuart Ryan2 min

Additional Resources

EVENT TIP

Always RSVP to an event (whether it's yes/no/maybe). It's a great way to get updates about this session, participate in follow-up discussions, and be notified of upcoming events similar to this topic or with this host. (NOTE: You must activate your community account before RSVPing to any CanvasLIVE event.)

While this is targeted to the APAC region, it is by no means exclusive, so if you want to get some Canvas meetup awesomeness into you, even if you are not from the APAC region, you are more than welcome!

25 Comments
mvandevelde
Community Contributor

Hi  @stuart_ryan ,  I'd like to discuss who else is using the Office LTI, and if any one is having issues/success.

- Mark

@aaron_jolly ‌)

aaron_jolly
Community Member

Thanks for the tag Mark and hi Stuart.

I'm also interested in LTI issues. We've currently given up on using Office LTI as a result of them.

I work at the University of Sydney (Centre for English teaching as an educational designer / teacher), running most of our Canvas sites. 

Best,

Aaron.

kim_flowers
Community Participant

I'd be keen to hear about this as RMIT will likely make be integrating that in the future. 

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi mvandevelde‌,
No worries at all, I have added this to the agenda, apologies for the delayed reply!
Cheers,
Stuart

jayde_colquhoun
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

HI guys, we are currently looking at the new Turnitin Plagiarism Framework. Looks amazing, lot's of fantastic updates - happy to chat about this, or see if anybody else is testing and what their experience has been like? 

marion_weeks
Community Participant

Hi Jade! We just finished a test last week and it went really well. Only downside that if you use the full integration version with Canvas you can't easily have students run their docs through the checker before submitting. We are happy though - for the price it's great and it looks likely that we are about to purchase. We are going with a 'pay for a certain number of pages per year' subscription rather than per student as that will suit us better.

marion_weeks
Community Participant

Also interested in the Office LTI - we have had issues too.

Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

Rats. I'm booked for that time slot already. Look forward to the recording. Thanks once again for all you do  @stuart_ryan 

greg_dabelstein
Community Participant

We have the Office LTI installed and Turnitin as well. No issues with the Office LTI to the best of my knowwledge....i am very interested in knowing what differences there are to the end user experience with the new Turnitin LTI though. We are very unhappy with the current LTI as it doesnt fully integrate into Canvas eg. sections are not respected ...so much so we are looking for an alternative originality checker ....

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

You are very welcome  @Bobby2 you are most welcome! Hopefully we can get you along to the next one *crosses his fingers, toes, and eyes*

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Is there anyone that might like to lead a discussion through the Beta Release notes in this session? There are some very interesting changes afoot?

Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

Urgent request for primary schools we can visit who are using Canvas!

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Howdy Jayde!

That would be awesome thank you. I have added a discussion point as an agenda item, apologise for the delay locking that one in.

Cheers,
Stuart

awilliams
Community Champion

Hey everyone. Just a reminder this event will start in about one hour and can be accessed at 

https://zoom.us/j/113231352

aaron_jolly
Community Member

Apologies I can't make it. Got called to troubleshoot an academic's Canvas issue. Looking forward to the recording. 

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

No worries at all, it will take me a about an hour tonight or tomorrow to upload the recording and split it out into its segmented parts. I will post here when it is ready to roll.

Cheers,
Stuart

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Howdy everyone,

Apologies for the delay please find the full video at CanvasLIVE - APAC Region Canvas Community Zoom Meeting 27th March 2018 - YouTube.

I will do the split up and then put it into the APAC Region Past CanvasLIVE Event Recordings page as well, but will need to do that in the next day or two.

Cheers,
Stuart

Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

Nice work  @stuart_ryan 

Just watched it. Interesting discussions from everyone. Office365 in particular. I'm loving it! Collaborations – Changed my world! 

The last 3 minutes of the video didn't want to play - or was it just me?

jayde_colquhoun
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thanks for hosting Stuart, a valuable catch up today and a great turn out. Our APAC group is growing! Wonderful to have such great minds to tap into. 

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Most welcome Jayde! It is always a pleasure and it is great to see things growing too, thank you for coming along and presenting too!

scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Even though I can't personally attend your meetings it has been fun to watch the APAC group taking form from afar.

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

That is awesome  @scottdennis  Smiley Happy we have some great discussions, would be awesome to snag you to come along one time and perhaps talk about the community and share some insights.

ahayson
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for letting me be part of your catch-up. As promised, please find attached a breakdown of the steps for uploading a SCORM Package as an Ungraded Assignment and embedding into a Content Page using an iFrame. 

Any questions, please comment on the blog so I can keep an eye on it. 

Thanks all. 

- Am

leon_huang
Community Participant

Thanks Amelia, will have a look and test it out.

Kind Regards,

LEON HUANG

The University of Sydney

Sent via phone

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks so much Amelia, that is awesome! It was great to have you along.

Cheers,
Stuart