Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APAC Region Canvas Community Meet-up

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach
3 9 1,217

Description

The first of our events in 2018. If you are in the Asia-Pacific region and are in any type of Institution using, looking at using or starting to implement Canvas, please come along and join in the discussion.

This three-weekly meetup is a chance to talk with other institutions, including representatives from both a learning design/pedagogy and technical background.

Please note: The event will be recorded and the recording made available for those that cannot attend.

Agenda (or Objectives)

• Welcome to new members
  • Quick round the group update on what everyone is doing
  • Overview of the top priorities for APAC list
  • Quick overview of the APAC contacts list
  • Introduction to the APAC Areas of Priority  document and discussion
  • Anything else? - please leave a comment and we can update the agenda.
  • Next Meeting APAC Region Canvas Community Meet-up (please remember to RSVP) Friday Feb 16th.

Additional Resources

EVENT TIP

Always RSVP to an event (whether it's yes/no/maybe). It's a great way to get updates about this session, participate in follow-up discussions, and be notified of upcoming events similar to this topic or with this host. (NOTE: You must activate your community account before RSVPing to any CanvasLIVE event.)

While this is targeted to the APAC region, it is by no means exclusive, so if you want to get some Canvas meetup awesomeness into you, even if you are not from the APAC region, you are more than welcome!

9 Comments
colleen_ortega
Community Participant

Hi all,

Don't forget to do a time conversion (I like The World Clock - Time Zone Converter - Results)! For fellow Adelaidians this meet up is at 3pm on Tuesday January 23rd.

Hope to see you there!

Colleen

mvandevelde
Community Contributor

Hi  @colleen_ortega ‌,

You can change your time-zone setttings under your profile preferences when loged in.

Then you'l see the correct time.

Mark

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Howdy Everyone,

Please don't forget to check out the What are your high priority ideas/features/bugs?  discussion if you have a chance before the meeting.

Also, with part one of the round table where we all do introductions I am going to keep everyone to 30 seconds tops to tell us who you are, what you do and what one important thing your institution is thinking on for this year. We won't do this every meeting, but as it is our kickoff for 2018, I think it is valuable.

I will also take notes, so we can loop back around to topics that people find exciting!

Can't wait to see everyone next Tuesday!

Cheers,
Stuart

Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

APAC‌ and  @stuart_ryan  we will be on the road while this is on. Will check in to see how your session went. Wish we could be there! Apologies. 

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

No worries at all  @Bobby2 ! I will make sure to record and then figure out how to make said recording available too Smiley Happy. First time using a Zoom pro account! :smileygrin: 

Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good luck and many thanks  @stuart_ryan !

kim_flowers
Community Participant

I too have to rush off to an appointment this time around. Sorry I couldn't jump in and say hi. Picture me waving and I'll try jump in next time!

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Howdy everyone,

Thanks so much to all who could attend today, it was a great session!

If you were unable to attend, please find the recording available at CanvasLIVE - APAC Region Canvas Community Zoom Meeting 23rd Jan 2018 - YouTube.

Cheers,
Stuart

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Everyone,

Last (but not least), I have re-created the quick live poll we took in Zoom, to find out how often we would like events to run. We mostly had a clear winner, however, in hindsight, I realised that there were many people that could not attend.

Hence, if you have 30 seconds to spare, please pop on over to https://community.canvaslms.com/polls/1417-how-often-would-you-like-the-apac-meetups-to-run  to cast your vote, if you missed out your chance earlier.

Cheers,
Stuart

https://community.canvaslms.com/events/2383-apac-region-canvas-community-zoom-meet-up?sr=search&sear...