Canvas Community: Customize Your Community

Community Coach
Community Coach
4 14 2,165

(March 10, 2016) The Canvas Community is a powerful resource! From Canvas Guides and Feature Ideas to collaborative groups and resources, it’s the go-to place for discussions, answers and feedback on all-things-Canvas. With all this much goodness, how do you optimize your searches and customize your preferences to get just-in-time information that you truly need? Join the Community Team to learn tips to make your community experience much more efficient. [Presented by: Biray Seitz & Community Team]

14 Comments
Community Member

This was a fantastic presentation, biray@instructure.com​! Thanks for the tips. Even seasoned pros can learn something new to better interact and find things here. Smiley Happy

Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks canvas.admin@rts.edu​! I'm glad you found the information useful!

Community Member

Doesn't work

Community Team
Community Team

Hi chellar1@docs.rutgers.edu 

We're sorry to hear that this video apparently wasn't playing for you last week.  We haven't had any other reports recently of problems with video and it appears to be playing correctly now.  Are you still experiencing this problem?

Community Member

How do I access my courses???  They've done away with Blackboard, so how do I get "inside" my course(s) to start working?

Community Team
Community Team

Hi, bmoore126666@troy.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community! Without knowing how and where your school has set up their Canvas instance, it's hard for us to know how and where to direct you to find your courses. Your school might have set up a Canvas account for you, and might have copied courses over for your use in the current semester.

I see that you are at Troy University, but you don't say if you're a teacher or a student. Either way, I think you'll find this page of use: Troy University Canvas  (I got there by clicking on the Canvas Login link at the top navigation bar of the school's website.) The page provides login instructions and additional training information for faculty.

I also found this page for your school's website--TROY Online --and the button for Canvas Login is at the bottom left of the page. Normally schools contact students and teachers by email to set up their credentials for logging in. If you haven't received that, I also saw a Live Chat button on that page which might be of immediate help.

Once you've successfully located your courses, we hope you'll come back to the Community to take advantage of the comprehensive Guides: Canvas‌ to find answers to all your questions, and if you don't find what you're looking for, post in Find Answers‌, where a large, energetic, robust, and compassionate collection of Canvas users always are ready to help you out.

Good luck!

Community Member

Hi,

I did figure out how to get in and am able to now work within the course module. Thanks for your help!

Community Team
Community Team

We're glad to hear it, bmoore126666@troy.edu‌, and thanks for letting us know!

Surveyor

Thanks Biray. This was very helpful. 

Community Member

I'm very interested in community works,it help me to achieve new experience within people culture and they behaviors. 

Community Member

Working as a community will add more impact in our own development activities in our various countries. 

Community Member

stefaniesanders‌, I noticed you found some links  to their school for someone that wasnt able to find ,  I am a student at Navarro College Bulldogs the Corsicana  Campus. Are their any links or info you might be able to find that I didnt. Although they do have their very own app loaded with info yet I find in different  areas of the app inclined with the info provided that one place says blackboard the other canvas. Then moodle and wiki and Ithe list does go on but i cannot seem to find info explaining what those places or links any provided info I have found doesn't  describe or give an explanation what I am using it for .I feel my College is all over the place and isnt as organized as they could be . Can you help please?

Community Team
Community Team

emily.bennett2@outlook.com, it looks like your school puts resources for students behind an authentication portal, so enter your school credentials here to see what help might be available for you: Navarro College - Portal Access 

Community Member

This is all very informative and helpful to a lot of the criteria I knew nothing about.

thank you

Ellen

Eleanor Mears

About the Author
I enjoy connecting and educating Canvas Users through virtual events!