Canvas Connections: Academic Integrity

Community Member
2 10 687

Canvas Connections

Academic Integrity

Wednesday, December 5, 2018   NEW DATE

Noon PT / 3:00 p.m. ET

Meeting virtually via Big Blue Button; the password is student.

It's a topic on every campus.... but do our instructors and learners really understand all that's included under the umbrella of academic integrity? In this session, we'll help define the concept and talk about setting standards, creating a remediation plan, and using Turnitin within Canvas as a teaching tool.

About Us

Canvas Connections started at InstructureCon 2017 as an informal meeting of people from Christian institutions who wanted to share ideas. We usually meet virtually on the third Wednesday of the month at Noon Pacific time/ 1:00 Mountain/ 2:00 Central/ 3:00 Eastern. See our Google Doc for details. 

10 Comments
Community Member

Hey everyone. Just a reminder that this event will start in about an hour and a half and can be accessed at: http://olivet.blindsidenetworks.net/

Community Member

This is postponed until next Wednesday, December 5!

Community Member

Am I alone in finding this a bit jarring in this Community? I clicked on a flashing banner image and was confronted with rather unexpected content.

Community Member

Thanks for the update. I am sorry we missed that.

Learner II

Hi Nelson,

By "unexpected content" do you mean this event description?

Community Member

Not knowing that this event was sponsored by "a community of faith-based Canvas clients", I was rather surprised to see a big cross when I clicked to get more info. about the event.

We needn't make a big deal of this. Just making an observation. Besides, having attended Catholic schools for elementary (k-8) and high school (9-12), I'm accustomed to crosses and scripture. It's just not something I typically encounter during my working day (though we do have Christian, Jewish, and Muslim clubs.)

Learner II

Oh, gotcha.  Thank you for the clarification.

Community Member

Hey everyone. Just a reminder that this event will start in about an hour and can be accessed at: http://olivet.blindsidenetworks.net/

Community Member

Unfortunately, my district's firewall has blocked me from attending.  😞

Community Member

Special recognition goes out to cdnielsen@nnu.edu Thank You for leading this event. Crystal has received 50 points for setting up and facilitating this great session!

For more on how YOU can host a CanvasLIVE event, check out How do I set up a CanvasLIVE event?