Canvas Klatch (January 17, 2020)

Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 1 103

Description

The Canvas Klatch is an online office hour for two courses: Equity & Culturally Responsive Teaching and Learning and Online Teaching and Design. Both are offered by the Online Network of Educators, which is a collaborative, system-wide network of California Community College faculty, classified professionals, and administrators.

Agenda

This is an office hour, so whoever attends directs the conversation. For the equity course, it takes place during the first week of a 4-week course. The title for this week's module is "The Achievement Gap." For the design course, it takes place during the first week of a 12-week course. The title for this week's module is "Tenets of Online Education." All members of the Canvas Community are welcome to visit the office hour.

Additional Resources

EVENT TIP
Always RSVP to an event (whether it's yes/no/maybe). It's a great way to get updates about this session, participate in follow-up discussions, and be notified of upcoming events similar to this topic or with this host. (NOTE: You must activate your community account before RSVPing to any CanvasLIVE event.)
1 Comment
Community Team
Community Team

Special recognition goes out to professorbeyrer@gmail.com Thank You for leading this event—and for posting the entire Canvas Klatch schedule for the first half of 2020. Greg has received 50 points for setting up and facilitating this great session.

For more on how YOU can host a CanvasLIVE event, check out How do I set up a CanvasLIVE event?

About the Author
I have been teaching in a technology-mediated environment since the days of HyperCard and teach classes in history, online student success, and how to be a health care IT trainer. Every day I learn more about Canvas.