Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanvasCon Sydney 2019

CommunityTeam
Explorer III
9 24 3,374

Join us in Sydney for CanvasCon 2019!

We’d like to invite you to join us, August 13th from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM at CanvasCon Sydney 2019! But first, answers to a few key questions—namely: what’s a CanvasCon & why should you attend?

CanvasCon is a one-day regional professional learning event specifically for you awesome educators. It’s open to everyone—no secret passwords, exclusive referrals, or Canvas familiarity required. Here’s what you can expect at this awesome event:

• Opportunities to collaborate with peer institutions and learn teaching-with-tech best practices
  • Tips for improving teaching efficacy and scaling the results
  • Sessions delivered by 30+ education experts, thought leaders, and innovators
  • The chance to get acquainted with Canvas and pick the brains of Canvas users

When: 13th August, 2019

Where: International Convention Center (ICC) | Sydney, Australia

Time: 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM

Cost: AU $100 (*Bring the whole team and receive discounted group pricing!)

Register now to book your spot at the event! Click here to check out the highlight video from CanvasCon Sydney 2018.

311605_BookNow.png

EVENT TIP
RSVP-ing to on-site events does not guarantee access to event. Please check registration details under event information. RSVP is simply a great way to get updates about this session, participate in follow-up discussions, and be notified of upcoming events similar to this topic. (NOTE: You must activate your community account before RSVPing to any CanvasLIVE event.)
24 Comments
cburcin
Community Member

I'm headed to CanvasCon and wondered if there were any Sydney schools using Canvas heavily that would welcome a visit Monday 12 August? My school is an all-girls Catholic school (7-12) in Cairns in the Mercy tradition and I would love to see similar; though, it would also be good to see a variety of schools.

Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

@cburcin his would be fabulous. I'd love to also. But you get first dibs because you put it out there!

cburcin
Community Member

Thanks very much.  Hopefully, by posting here we can share the love and find enough schools to accommodate all of the people like us who are interested in visiting schools!

Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

Now that's a grand plan. Thanks for initiating  @cburcin . 

bgreenslade
Learner II

Hi All, this year, 4 of us from Horizon Christian School are heading over for Canvascon. YAY! However, we are flying straight out after the conference and will miss the networking session at the end of the day. Last year someone graciously organised pre-conference drinks, the evening before, at the Pump-house. This was really valuable for us to make connections, as a new kids on the block.

Would there be anyone, this year, who is interested in catching up for pre-conference drinks this year? The Pump-house was central and was a great venue.

Anyone keen?

pklove
Learner II
bgreenslade
Learner II

That's awesome! Thanks for the link.

dearne_willing
Learner II

Has anyone else had trouble paying their CanvasCon Sydney 2019 ticket via an invoice?

The payment instructions on the invoice do not show any BPAY or Bank deposit details (with a BSB).

I've been calling the Sydney office on 1300 956 763 with no answer.
I've sent a message via Contact the organiser on the CanvasCon Sydney webpage with no reply as yet.
I've also sent an email to support@instructure.com from Instructure website with no reply as yet.

mcarrick1
Community Member

hi Dearne,

So sorry about this – Hannah from our APAC Events team will be in touch ASAP.

Myles

lauren_sayer
Surveyor

Looking forward to attending Smiley Happy Myself and a team from Haileybury will be in attendance.  Please come and say hi 

bprocter
Community Member

Hey Dearne, 

I am having the same issue with paying my invoice. Were you able to resolve this? 

Thanks in advance, 

Britt

bprocter
Community Member

Hi Myles, 

The accounts team at my school is also having this issue trying to pay the invoice for my ticket. 

Could you please pass on the contact details for the relevant team to assist with this? 

Thanks for your help, 

Britt

wezza_apac
Instructure
Instructure

Evening  @bprocter ‌,

My name is Adam and I'm a Canvas CSM. I've just sent you an email in relation to your query. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience to resolve this issue. Looking forward to seeing you at #canvascon

CommunityTeam
Explorer III

Everything You Need to Know Before you Go

Hi, CanvasCon-Goers!

Tuesday is the big day: CanvasCon Day! Here are a few tips before you go:

Registration begins at 8.00am in the Convention Wing of the ICC, Darling Harbour, Sydney. 

Click here for a direct Google navigation to The ICC Exhibition Centre

GO MOBILE

We will not be handing out paper programs on Monday, so before you arrive, make sure you download our conference mobile app. You’ll find the agenda, session abstracts, presenter pics and bios, and info about our awesome partners.

Steps to download: 

• Confirm your account through your email. (check your spam)
  • Click the CanvasCon Sydney Event Page through the app.

“STARRED” SESSIONS:

Please go ahead and keep “starring” sessions you’re excited about to organise your day. However, please also note that this is not a “registration." We’ve got a lot of people coming, so if you’re keen for a session, get there early. 

We look forward to seeing you there- Safe Travels!

• The Canvas Team
dearne_willing
Learner II

Hi Brittaney

Turned out I was unable to pay easily via invoice, so we ended up cancelling and re-registering.

Not long now!

david_amore
Learner

Hi Everyone,

I had a great time at this event a couple of weeks back.
On the day I had the impression that the key notes and presentations would be made available online later, but haven't been able to find them anywhere. 

Is anyone able to tell me if / when we can see these presentations? 
Or did I just imagine this?

David

noleary1
Community Member

Hi David!

You're right. We will be making the content available. 

We're just working out how best to do that right now and hoping to have them online very soon!

Niamh 

david_amore
Learner

Thanks Niamh,

I'll keep an eye out.

David

e_george
Community Member

When will the notes be available - i have to present to the staff on this event- i cant believe the notes are still unavailable

Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @e_george1  think it takes a wee while to curate them all. From memory last year it took a couple of months. There were a lot. 

In the meantime here's a self enrol link to  @craig_nicholls ‌ and my presentation if that's any help Enroll in CanvasCon2019 - Using Canvas in Primary Schools 

noleary1
Community Member

Hi Elizabeth,

The slides are now available here: CanvasCon  

Thanks so much for your patience. As Bobby mentioned above, it did take us a bit to curate and upload them.

Apologies if it held you up in any way! We hope you find them really useful Smiley Happy 

Also- tip: you can filter by the stream the session was in.

Here is the agenda if you want to jog your memory on any particular session name or details: Agenda | CanvasCon Sydney 19 

marcus_derijk
Community Member

Hi Niamh,

Thank you for posting these, much appreciated. Unfortunately I can't locate the slides of the presentation that  @jayde_colquhoun ‌ and I gave at CanvasCon. Our updated slides were sent to Sarah on 16 August. Could you let me know if these need to be sent through again?

noleary1
Community Member

Hi Marcus- sorry for the delay here! 

Thanks for asking!

Here is the presentation link: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-17732-jayde-colquhoun-and-marcus-de-rijk-rmit-royal-melbour... 

Is there anything else I can help with?

marcus_derijk
Community Member

Thanks Niamh, all good Smiley Happy