Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engage K-12: Use Project-Based Learning to Engage Students

CommunityTeam
Community Participant
9 3 796

(June 13, 2017) Presented by  @nicholina_wilso ‌

For session details, additional resources, and follow-up discussions, please visit the event page https://community.canvaslms.com/events/2104-engage-k-12-use-project-based-learning-to-engage-student...

3 Comments
biray
Community Champion

Be sure to watch the entire ENGAGE K-12 series, hosted and developed by  @nicholina_wilso ‌

239334_pastedImage_1.png

Go to your PROFILE > REWARDS > scroll and click "Available Quests" tab to learn more about completing this quest!

(What is the Canvas Community Reward System?‌)

nbiddinger-c
Community Participant

I appreciated the point that PBL enables differentiation - it's a big topic for our district.  I'm constantly looking for how differentiation has benefits to the teacher and students.

I had not fully considered focusing grading the process rather than the product - I'm going to have to think on that one.  I would need to skillfully identify the standards and what students need to know to be able to do that effectively.  Thank you for putting that out there.

ronmarx
Community Contributor

PBL IS the bridge between the classrooms we have now and the ones that may be commonplace by mid-century. Imagine PBL that uses virtual and augmented reality technology—how much more immersive units of study will be for students!