New! Student Canvas Orientation Course

Instructure
Instructure
4 6 2,896

Instructure Trainers, Jackie Myers and Sam Christ will highlight the newest FREE training offering, Passport to Canvas! The purpose of this student orientation course, Passport to Canvas, is to introduce students to Canvas who are using the LMS  for the first time. This course intended for middle school through higher education students.

Event Topics 

Get a peak at the Passport to Canvas Course during this CanvasLive event.  Information to be covered:

• How to customize the course
  • How to manage updates
  • How to use badging
  • Recommendations to deploy the course to your students.

This resource will be available in the Canvas Commons and in Canvas Network.  Below are some details of what is included in the course.

What is Passport to Canvas?

This, 'Passport to Canvas' course is comprised of nine Modules and offers a badge, through Badgr, upon completion of each Module. Students may complete entire Modules or consume only the content they need. You may choose to customize the modules and set prerequisites that require students to complete all content sequentially. 

Student Course Learning Goals

•  navigate the Canvas LMS interface.
  •  participate in course communication tools.
  •  submit assignments and participate in quizzes.
  •  monitor grades and feedback.

Event Details

Join us using the Zoom conference link to join this CanvasLive Event.  The recording will be made  available at a later date for those who could not attend.

6 Comments
Community Team
Community Team

Hi everybody, a reminder that https://community.canvaslms.com/events/2878-new-student-canvas-orientation-course will start just about one hour from now (at 11:00 am EDT).

Instructure
Instructure
Adventurer

Hi janiesolinski-ruddy‌, the link you posted for the webinar recording opens 'Tagging in Portal' but not the recorded session. 

Adventurer

I found it. Webinar Recording.

Instructure
Instructure

Thank you crafte@easternflorida.edu my apologies, here is the correct link for all Student Canvas Orientation Course - Zoom 

Community Member

Helpful thank you

About the Author
I seemed to take the long, winding path to the education world. Initially, I started with Healthcare Administration and decided I was not satisfied. The business world did not fulfill my inquisitive nature and challenge me professionally. I then went back to school majoring in Middle Grades Science Education. From the moment I started my journey in the education world, I knew that I had found my passion. I spent thirteen wonderful years as a middle grades math and science teacher. All of those years serving in Title I schools. I loved the constant learning and heart of the craft. I grew into team lead, grade level head and eventually Academic Coach. During my time in the classroom, my district adopted Canvas. I immediately saw the potential and dove right into all that Canvas had to offer. I helped train others and give ideas for classroom use. This inspired me to learn more on how to effectively incorporate technology into the classroom to have the most impact on student learning. I went on to earn a Master's degree in Educational Technology. Each day there is something new. A new tool, application or learning theory to keep me hopping and I love it!