O365 LTI Series: Canvas + Microsoft in the Clouds

Explorer III
8 16 2,871
214424_TL_presentation.png
214425_TR_presentation.png

Description

You’ve read about the new Microsoft Office 365 LTI it here. You’ve previewed the things it can do for teachers here. Now see the Microsoft Office 365 in action in Canvas. This session highlights the key features of the integration and demonstrates ways the LTI makes using Microsoft with Canvas even easier.

NOTE: This session is part of the "O365 LTI Series" (a limited, bi-weekly series of 30-minute presentations and discussions).

Resources

214426_BTM_presentation.png
16 Comments
Instructure
Instructure

Here is a question from mjennings@uab.edu via the Ryver Canvas Live Chat

Senecio: an instructors includes content for students, either within a page or assignment and then the instructor leaves institution. What happens to link to document? We are concerned about the impact on historical record of the course.

Community Member

Great job on the LIVE session.  I learned a ton!

Community Coach
Community Coach

The video recording is available here:  

Instructure
Instructure

Thanks for joining us at this session! If you want to take a closer look at the slides I shared or review any of the screen casts, you can access the PowerPoint file here. Be sure to download the file, rather than view it with Google Slides, to ensure that you can view the screen cast videos. Smiley Happy

Learner II

Does anyone have the link to the Word Canvas Add-In?

Community Coach
Community Coach

mjennings@uab.edu This question was addressed around 23:30-ish mark in the video ‌. Please follow-up with additional comments, if needed.

Community Member

You just go to the Insert Menu from Word Online Ribbon, click on Office Add-in and search for Canvas.

Community Coach
Community Coach

macaulayl‌ - you had asked hvhenderlight@ortn.edu about doing a CanvasLIVE on using Sway with Canvas. We did one! Here it is:

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)
‌ - Heather, feel free to expand or add to it!

Learner II

Got it. Thanks

Community Coach
Community Coach

pldavidson‌ made a helpful comment in the chat today: we also disabled the old OneDrive LTI (it reference SkyDrive) bc it was causing confusion for students.

Good to know... thanks!

Adventurer

Thanks biray@instructure.com & Deactivated user! This is a great example of why I love the Canvas Community!

Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sorry I missed the chat and only caught up on video. 

Some questions..

When sharing an O365 document as an assignment I have noticed that when I submit the document from my OneDrive account I cannot make any further changes to it without removing it and then adding in the new updated one! I had thought that this document would be a 'live' one but it would appear to be a 'copy' taken?

Am I right? Was it impossible to make a live document in this way as I can see huge benefits of having a document that the teacher can add to and develop (plus of course to make corrections to in the event of forgetting to add something in!)

Also, if I am using a Word document in Collaborations, is it possible for me to see who has added what to a document? I can do this by sharing an O365 document outside of Canvas with students so would hope ot have this functionality too.

Community Member

I encourage you Bradford

please if you have an idea for this situation : despite I have O 365 installed it does not appear with external tools

I have only two tools roll call and canvas data lti

is there problem of versions?

I excuse for disturb

Community Coach
Community Coach

Be sure to watch the entire GOOGLE LTI series, hosted by Canvas Trainer ndemas@instructure.com‌.

236659_pastedImage_1.png

Go to your PROFILE > REWARDS > scroll and click "Available Quests" tab to learn more about completing this quest!

(What is the Canvas Community Reward System?‌)

Community Member

will this be done again soon ? how can one streamline the user authentication experience ? Is it configuring Azure to trust the Canvas application ? thx

Community Member

Deactivated user‌, kkappler@five-startech.com‌, do you know if there is a Canvas integration of Office 365 Teams for Chat?