Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Hours with Beth Crook

bcrook
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
1 8 601

Description

The Canvas Help hours is an online office hour for teachers and admins having questions getting started with Canvas.  I am called a lot of titles with Canvas at St. Andrew's School in Delaware: Canvas Mom, Canvas Queen, Canvas Guru...just to name a few. But what it comes down to is that I'm the Admin, the Coach, the Designer and everything in between!  We have been using Canvas for 5+ years as a blended learning tool for our small 9-12 grade boarding school and most recently for virtual learning and I love to integrate everything Google!  I'm also an Advocate and a long time Canvassador so this Community feels like home.

Agenda

This is an office hour, so whoever attends directs the conversation.  Or we can just sit and sing songs. And talk about dancing Pandas. But if someone comes in with a question, I'm back to all business!  

Additional Resources

• The link to the session prompts you to download the Zoom client (Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS) - attendees will first be placed in the Zoom Waiting Room and may be contacted via in-Zoom chat prior to joining the main.  The password for the meeting is: steps4beth
Tags (2)
8 Comments
biray
Community Champion

Hi Beth,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to commit to virtual office hours to help fellow members of the Canvas Community, especially during these difficult times. Please check your direct messages for a small token of our appreciation. :0)

Thanks again for all that you do and keep up the good work!

Sincerely,

Canvas Community Team

SkyVKing
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thanks Beth! Great catching up and seeing you today during your office hours.

Sky V.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Special recognition goes out to  @bcrook  Thank You  so much for offering this opportunity. Beth has received 50 points for setting up and facilitating this great session!

For more on how YOU can host a CanvasLIVE event, check out How do I set up a CanvasLIVE event?

bcrook
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thank you Biray!

bcrook
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Always fun hanging out with you Sky!

bcrook
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thank you Stefanie! I look forward to doing it again and hope we can get some fun collaboration and conversations going!

dfrohman1
Community Member

Beth,

I saw in the Canvas Community that someone had asked you about putting a file upload box in an essay question in Canvas. I teach economics at a Southern California community college. Since everything is now online, I need a way for my students to answer questions that require test answers and drawn graphs. Is there a way to do this in Canvas? Do I have to give them the text part, then the file upload (graph) part?

My email address is dfrohman@occ.cccd.edu. I am teaching at both East Los angeles College and Orange Coast College. Thanks for your help.

Deborah Frohman

bcrook
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi Deborah!  Would you be using Quizzes or just an Assignment graded as a test?