Did you mean: 

Texas Canvas Users Group - Annual Conference :: Nov. 10th & 11th :: Austin, TX

lse224
Community Champion
8 22 3,899
22 Comments
mjoaquin
Community Participant

I can't wait to find out more information on this. Cost, sessions, etc.

lse224
Community Champion

TCUG has historically been free for participants, and all signs currently point to us being able to continue that trend in 2016.

mjoaquin
Community Participant

Oh wow! That is pretty amazing. Thank you! lse224

ndragisic
Community Participant

Greetings,

How do we get in contact with the Event Chairs? We have attempted to email canvasid@utlists.utexas.edu and we are recieving a message from postmaster@austin.utexas.edu saying: "The e-mail address you entered couldn't be found."

We are with Region 18 Education Service Center in Midland, Texas. We have been offering professional development in Canvas for several years and we were curious if TCUG was needing any presenters, sponsors, and/or SWAG for your Texas Canvas Users Conference.

Smiley Happy Thank you kindly in advance, look forward to seeing you in November.

Mario_Guerra
Community Member

Hi Nicole,

I'm sorry you're having issues with our email list.  The call for proposals is now open and we're very interested in presenters from all over the state.  You can find information and the link to our CFP at 2016 Texas Canvas Users Group​.

Thanks!

Mario

ndragisic
Community Participant

Thank you ever so kindly sir. You are greatly appreciated. Looking forward to it.

Mario_Guerra
Community Member

Hello everyone,

Registration for TCUG 2016 in Austin, Tx is now available.  Please register at 2016 Texas Canvas Users Group Conference Tickets, Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 1:00 PM | Eventbrite .

Final program will be posted on the conference website in the next couple of weeks.

Looking forward to seeing y'all in November.

Chris_Munzo
Community Champion

AspirEDU will be there as a sponsor!!  We'll be happy to talk about and show Dropout Detective and Instructor Insight to anyone that is interested.   @kim ​ and I are looking forward to it!

tdelillo
Community Champion

Can someone who is familiar with the area recommend a few more local lower-end hotel/motels? The ones listed in the TCUG course are booking at outrageous rates (probably because of the football game supposedly happening that weekend).

Mario_Guerra
Community Member

@tdelillo , we'll be posting more options to the accommodations page that are more reasonably priced.  Thanks!

John_Lowe
Community Champion

We booked at the Double Tree on the north side on I-35 for $149.  It is just 4 miles away.

ablackman
Community Member

Is there anything we need to know about parking around San Jacinto Hall? Just wondering about any suggestions regarding particular places to park, any expenses to plan on regarding parking, etc.

By the way, the new choices of hotels are very helpful!

Mario_Guerra
Community Member

@ablackman ​, apologize for not having this information accessible on the conference website.  It will be up there soon.  The closest parking garage to San Jacinto Hall is Brazos Garage​.  Prices for garage parking can be found at Garage Daily Paid Parking Rates | Parking & Transportation Services (PTS) | The University of Texas ....  You can also look into Capital Metro, Austin's public transportation system, which has several routes that run to campus.

Chris_Munzo
Community Champion

We just registered and excited about our trip to Austin.  I hope the attendees will stop by the Alliance Partner - AspirEDU​ table and say hello!

kumahata
Community Participant

Trying to see if we need to book hotel rooms on Friday night. Will the event end after the keynote or will it end at 5p?

Mario_Guerra
Community Member

kumahata​, the conference ends after the keynote/lunch at 1pm on Friday.

delester
Community Participant

I just noticed that registration for the conference is closed:

REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED

Online registration is at capacity. Please use the Register button to sign up on the waitlist, and we'll contact you when there is availability.

Are you no longer accepting registrations?

Chris_Munzo
Community Champion

Hi, folks!  We're looking forward to seeing everyone in Austin this week.  There has been a change in the presentation schedule -- our Alliance Partner - AspirEDU​ presentation of Dropout Detective and Instructor Insight has been moved to Thursday afternoon at 3pm in the Capitol Room.  We hope to see you there!!

bgrayson
Community Member

Good morning,

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend. Please drop my registration so that someone on the waiting list may attend.

Planning for next year.

Best regards,

Barbara S. Grayson, M.Ed.| Coordinator

Center for eLearning

Region One Service Center

1900 W. Schunior

Edinburg, TX 78541

E: bgrayson@esc1.net

O: 956-984-6035

M: 956-433-1625

Chris_Munzo
Community Champion

Thanks to mg2695​ and the folks at University of Texas for a great conference!  Good meeting spaces, well organized and very vendor-friendly.  Thank you for inviting us!

John_Lowe
Community Champion

I'm not sure where the presentation docs will be stored, but I've had a few requests for mine so I wanted to share that URL here.

TCUG Your Data Go Get It.pdf - Box

Mario_Guerra
Community Member

Thanks to everyone who attended this year's TCUG!  We're in the process of gathering presentation materials from our awesome presenters.  We'll be posting each presentation we receive to the Schedule Page of the conference site.