cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Can Catalog suggest types of courses to students?

Jump to solution

Hi - very new to Canvas - but what I am hoping is that the Catalog or All Courses Index has a way of content-based filtering options that students have selected to show them available courses that are relevant to them..

'People also searched for'....or 'After this course you might be interested in..'

Is this something that has been thought of already? My university is trying to increase participation in Co-Curricular activities.

thanks!

Tony

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, Tony,

Currently Catalog does not offer that feature, but it's a good one! I wasn't able to find an existing feature idea for this, so feel free to submit a new idea in Canvas Feature Ideas.​ Look for the button that says Share a New Idea, and then just include the information that you've mentioned in your question here.

Thanks!

Erin

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, a.balfe@kingston.ac.uk​, and welcome to C.anvas! I've shared your question with someone who might be able to help with your questions about course suggestions

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, Tony,

Currently Catalog does not offer that feature, but it's a good one! I wasn't able to find an existing feature idea for this, so feel free to submit a new idea in Canvas Feature Ideas.​ Look for the button that says Share a New Idea, and then just include the information that you've mentioned in your question here.

Thanks!

Erin

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Learner II

Was this feature request ever submitted? We have this need, too!

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

There are no feature requests currently -- feel free to submit it and post it in the group so everyone can vote on it and I will spread the word. Currently, the only way to target students is by sending them a link to the listing in an email.