Catalog Beta Environments and next React project

The content in this blog is over six months old, and the comments are closed. For the most recent product updates and discussions, you're encouraged to explore newer posts from Instructure's Product Managers.

jfenton
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

I'm excited to announce that we have created a beta environment for Catalog for our Canadian customers. It went online on Monday, April 22nd. We're working hard to stand up other beta environments internationally, and our goal is to have a beta environment in every region where Catalog is available by the end of May. This will allow all of our Catalog customers to preview and test new features before they move to our production environments. As a reminder, beta environments are refreshed every 3 weeks in lockstep with our deploys.

In addition to standing up beta environments we're also beginning the work on our next react rewrite (for details on the react rewrite check out my previous blog post here). This rewrite will be of the listing create/edit page. Users can expect to see a more streamlined UI that utilizes InstructureUI components, as well as a few functional updates to that page. As with all of these rewrites, the transition will be largely behind the scenes.

I'll post again when the rewrite heads to beta.

Jon

The content in this blog is over six months old, and the comments are closed. For the most recent product updates and discussions, you're encouraged to explore newer posts from Instructure's Product Managers.

7 Comments
jsowalsk
Community Coach
Community Coach
jfenton
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hey  @jsowalsk ‌! 

Great question. The next rewrite that we're doing is of the Create/Edit listings page, not the general listings page, which you're referring to. However, once we are done with the Create/Edit page or next rewrite will be of the listings page. And yes, we're hoping to bring some of those enhancements to the page. As we get closer to the start of that project I'll be happy to provide more details. 

jsowalsk
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thank you,  @jfenton ‌. Do you mind providing which page you are speaking about?

jsowalsk
Community Coach
Community Coach

It is the editing page within the listing link such as updating the rich-text editor to match Canvas's? Will any of this reflect the registration field or enrollment pages?

jfenton
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi Jessica. 

Correct, it is the page where you edit the listing information. We do plan to make improvements to our RCE. None of the work we're doing on this page will impact custom code on the enrollment or registration pages.

jsowalsk
Community Coach
Community Coach

Great, thank you. Would there be a way you can provide us with the IDs you are working on so we can determine whether our customization information would be affected?