cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Dropping a Catalog Course

I had a user contact me saying they couldn't drop a Catalog course. The course is currently in progress, but she doesn't have the black dial icon on her Student Dashboard. Is anyone else having this issue?

Tags (2)
14 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

Deactivated user‌ and Deactivated user‌ can you look into this for bdoggett@mccb.edu‌? I have not seen this issue before.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Navigator

Hi, Brooke,

According to How do I drop a Canvas Network or Catalog course or program? courses can only be dropped if the student enrolled in the course directly through the Catalog registration page. Do you know how the student was enrolled? If the enrollment was added manually through the course in Canvas, Catalog does not display the enrollment in the Catalog Dashboard. The student will need to be removed from the course the same way she was added.

Hope that helps,

Erin

Highlighted
Community Member

Hi Brooke! Have you been able to reach out to your support channels yet? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

We still don't know why she can't drop the course but she enrolled in another one. She followed all the steps the guide said to do. I even checked the guide before I sent the group the message. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi Deactivated user‌! We are still having this issue. Our students need to be able to drop a course before it begins instead of only being able to drop it while in progress. Are any other schools having an issue with this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hey Brooke! I'm sorry to hear you're having this problem. Are these students enrolling through Catalog? If so, the option to drop the course should be on their dashboard (as was mentioned above). Here's a screen shot of one of my sandbox accounts (sorry for the silly listings). 

265848_Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 1.47.38 PM.png

You can see that the top listing does not have a gear (because I was added to the course through Canvas) while the bottom one does, because I enrolled through Catalog. 

It sounds like you've already taken a look at the guide, so this probably isn't any new information for you. Just wanted to make sure we covered our bases. 

If the students are enrolling through Catalog and still not seeing the gear it means we've got a bug on our hands. In which case I would love for you to send us a few examples where this is happening (courses and students) and we'll get some engineers to take a look at it. Do you have the support email address? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

The issue is that they can't drop a course until the course begins (the start date). They are enrolling via the Catalog and not through Canvas. I have asked one of our schools to send me screenshots to provide you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I have had this problem, too.

Here is one user:

266149_pastedImage_1.png

And another user:

266192_pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer

This means that they dropped from Canvas and not from Catalog -- I think.

0 Kudos