cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor II

Using Course Link to Enroll in Catalog Program

Jump to solution

Hi all.  I created a subcatalog and added a program. The program visibility is "link only" because we do not want this to show in Catalog. The problem is the registration process is crazy; 2 mails are sent. The first is to complete registration by adding a password. The second confirms enrollment in the program. After that, the user still has to log in and out twice before being able to access the program and courses. Any idea why this is happening? Thanks in advance. 

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

We have the same issue -- it is because Canvas needs to confirm the account before moving forward and adding it into the instance then the individual can create a password. Plus, it is just a notifier to the individual that they are in the course. Before, they can get to the course they need to go to their student dashboard to start the program.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

We have the same issue -- it is because Canvas needs to confirm the account before moving forward and adding it into the instance then the individual can create a password. Plus, it is just a notifier to the individual that they are in the course. Before, they can get to the course they need to go to their student dashboard to start the program.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you @jsowalsk. So, this is what is happening now. Is this how it is supposed to work? Sorry for all of the questions but I can't seem to find much documentation. I truly appreciate the help and guidance. 

1. User clicks the link provided.
  2. User clicks "Enroll".
  3. User completed the user enrollment form and "enroll in program" button.
  4. A "Please confirm your e-mail address" email is sent to the user and they click "Complete Registration" 
  5. User sets a password, time zone and clicks "Register" 
    • This takes the user to an empty Dashboard in Canvas
  6. A "You Are Enrolled" email is sent to the user and they click "Access You Program" 
    • This take the user to the student dashboard as seen below.
  7. The only way to access the courses is to log out and log back in from this page. 

Access your program.PNG

Highlighted

There is something wrong set up with your instance since the course should display in the Student Dashboard. I would suggest asking support. Also, after the course displays they will need to select the begin course button on the program,