How do I access my Catalog beta environment?

As a Canvas Catalog admin, the beta environment allows you to explore new features in Catalog without affecting your production environment. If you want to keep up on the latest beta features in Catalog, visit the Catalog Release Notes page in the Canvas Community.

The beta environment is overwritten with data from the production environment after each release, which means that any work or content you add to your beta environment will be overwritten. Any changes you want to keep in the beta environment must be made directly within the production environment before beta is reset.

Notes:

• Notifications are not sent from the beta environment.
  • For more information about Canvas beta environments, please see the Canvas Admin Guide.

Access Beta Environment

Access Beta Environment

To log in to your beta environment, type [organization name].beta.catalog.instructure.com in the URL field.

If your institution uses a vanity URL, replace the organization name with your full URL. For instance, the beta site for example.com is example.beta.catalog.instructure.com.

View Beta Catalog

The beta Catalog page looks essentially the same as the production environment. You are using the beta environment if the word beta is part of the URL [1].  A notification bar warning that you are in a beta installation also displays [2].

Note: Beta environments reset on the first business day after a scheduled release and any content created in this environment will be deleted. If you want to save any content created in your beta environment, you will have to re-create it in your production environment.

Open Canvas from Catalog

Open Canvas from Catalog

Your Catalog beta environment is associated with your Canvas beta environment. To access Canvas beta from the Catalog beta environment, click the User drop-down menu [1]. Then, click the My Courses option [2].