cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canvas Data Release Notes (2018-04-19)

Canvas Data Release Notes (2018-04-19)

In this Canvas Data release, the schema version has been updated to 3.0.0. Additionally, the requests table includes a new column and a fixed typo.

Canvas Data is a service that provides institutions with optimized access to all their data for reporting and queries. Learn more about Canvas Data.

Added Columns

< BACK TO TABLE OF CONTENTS

Requests

NameTypeDescription
developer_key_idbigintID of the developer who accessed this page if the request was made by a developer.

Updated Columns

Fixed Typo

The web_application_action column in the requests table has been updated to fix a typo. Previously the column read as web_applicaiton_action.

Labels (1)
Comments

Thank you for fixing the typo!  Smiley Happy

I learnt about this new release just now the hard way 😞

1. SQL query not executing as expected
  2. checked all CanvasData files being pulled down: Yes
  3. checked a log file "ERROR:  extra data after last expected column": ?
  4. looked at the actual data... Ahh a new column as lots of \N at end of line
  5. checked schema - new : developer_key_id bigint
  6. Googled and got to this page

What forum do I need to belong to for a heads up on breaking changes like this? 

I get ~3 emails a day from Instructure but not a particular email on this, which would be useful

Jago

Hi jago.brown@lsbm.ac.uk,

I'm sorry to hear you found out about the changes the hard way! I recommend getting in touch with your Customer Success Manager to be added to the mailing list for Canvas Data release notes. 

Thanks!

Emily

Hi Emily,

Thanks. Good advice. I've emailed Funmi now.  I assumed because I setup Canvas for LSBM and have been asking questions about CanvasData for 3 years I would automatically be added to this mailing list 🙂

Thanks again

Jago

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎04-04-2018 09:22 AM
Updated by: