I have joined a number of groups and am following or bookmaked a number of threads in community areas
I thought i had managed my preferences but i am getting inundated with emails, replies marked as helpful etc etc
So my questions are
1) what are the best settings to minimize emails i get ?
2) what is difference between follow and bookmark?
3) if i just bookmark - how do i get at a glance updates
Solved! Go to Solution.
This is actually a great set of questions to be asked over in the Meta Community Group, so I am going to move this topic over there. If you're not a part of that group, you'll need to follow it so that you can see it. I'll try and answer your questions, though.
1) When I first joined the community, I had tons of e-mails coming to my e-mail inbox. After a while, I changed my preference settings. To do this, you'll want to click on your profile picture at the top right corner of your screen and then choose "Preferences". Here are the settings that work best for me and eliminate massive amounts of e-mails to my inbox:
2) Follow and Bookmark are two different things. I'll use an example from Facebook. If you "like" a company's FB page or you "like" a celebrity's FB page, you are essentially following that company or person...so you'll see those things in your FB timeline. When you follow someone here in the Community, you'll be notified about his/her activity if you are also participating in the same discussion he/she is participating in. Also, you'll see their activity in your Connection Stream (part of your "Inbox and Activity" when you click on that link above the "Preferences" link I mentioned earlier. Bookmarking things is just that...bookmarking. This essentially means you want to refer or come back to the page at a later time to review.
3) Your bookmarks are stored within your profile. So, again, click on your profile picture at the top right corner of your screen, and then click on your name. Next, under your profile picture, click on "More" >> "Bookmarks". This will show you all pages within the Community that you have bookmarked since joining. You can further sort by blog posts, feature ideas, videos, discussions, etc.
I hope this helps!!!