2018: A Year of Great Change

awarmar
Community Participant

So, I'm the world's worst blogger and terrible about self-reflection--I never seem to accomplish either, no matter how many times I set aside to write with a plethora of good intentions about what the final work product will be. (The fact that Canvas told me I had an auto-saved draft of blog content from 2017 :smileylaugh: when I started this attempt at blogging is a perfect example. I had a great title and first line reflecting on my University's Canvas migration experience: "I see the light at the end of the tunnel...and it isn't the train," but little other text....oops). But this year, things are different; I can actually complete the Reflect and Celebrate Blogging Challenge as I have a personal topic of change and reflection that practically writes itself (especially when we consider a picture is worth a thousand words). 

On October 10th, I welcomed my first child into the world: James Anthony. As the "math" shows, 100% of 2018 was consumed with my tiny little human (parasite) in one form or another. I'm incredibly thankful for everyone who has been a part of this adventure so far: My husband (head cut off in the cover image, haha) who has been and continues to be a true equitable partner, my mom, other family and friends who are always ready to support in any way they can, and my amazingly supportive and encouraging co-workers-- @fbidwell ‌,  @ahardesty ‌,  @bmccoy ‌, and  @michellemeazell ‌. It's still weird to "be a parent" but I have at least realized when a form asks for "Mother's Name" it is referring to me not bizarrely asking about my mother, lol. People keep asking how it feels to be a parent...I've yet to figure out a good answer for that--so far, at least, it feels the same as before just with a tiny human hanging around. I'm looking forward to all the challenges and excitment we will experience together in 2019.

Now for the best part of the post: a few cute pictures: 

Baby boy in a bucket James and I making exciting faces baby sitting in a play saucer chair baby in 100% perfect onesie

Here's to 2019 with all of its new discoveries and adventures! 

8 Comments
laurakgibbs
Community Champion

CONGRATULATIONS,  @awarmar ‌, for this year and all the great years ahead. The pictures are so cute, especially the one with the pumpkin. Adorable!!! HAPPY 2019!!!!!!!!

awarmar
Community Participant

Thanks, Laura Smiley Happy

I really like the pumpkin picture as well, but I may be just a little biased Smiley Wink Happy 2019 to you as well! 

laurakgibbs
Community Champion

I finally got around to posting my own blog-itude, and I read through the other posts in the challenge, and your little pumpkin is still my favorite,  @awarmar ‌!

I hope your first days of the semester are going well. Spring has sprung! 🙂

kona
Community Champion

Not sure how I missed this earlier, but congratulations!! What a handsome little man!! Hope you and your family have a great 2019... and of course a productive and awesome time with Canvas! 🙂

Kona

awarmar
Community Participant

Thanks Laura Smiley Happy Hope the semester is off to a good start for you as well! 

Bobby2
Community Champion

Oh my word, so much cuteness  @awarmar ! Congrats on the huge achievement, the new title of 'Mum' and for keeping on keeping on with work. 

305502_brow.gif

awarmar
Community Participant

Thanks, Kona Smiley Happy Likewise to you and yours! 

awarmar
Community Participant

Haha, thanks Bobby Smiley Happy