Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
don_bryn
Community Champion

Badges/Points for joining groups

Jump to solution

This is a silly question, but bugging me:

Do we ever get any badges or points for joining groups?   There is a Badge called "Join Groups" in the "Places" page under earning points but I never see any point activity.  I've joined groups. . .

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@don_bryn , a list of all of the Community badges is available here: What types of badges are available in the Community?  The second badge on that list, Assembly Day, is awarded for joining groups. (I didn't actually see a badge called Join Groups.) When you navigate to your profile and click on the Assembly Day badge, the reverse side reveals the completion requirements.

If at any time you haven't received a badge that you think you should have received, click on the Badge Fail button at the bottom of this page and fill out the Google form to request your badge.

Last, because this question is about the Community, and not about the Canvas LMS per se, I've moved it to the Meta Community Group​. If you're not yet a member, click on the group link, then on the Actions menu at the upper right, and select Join Group.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@don_bryn , a list of all of the Community badges is available here: What types of badges are available in the Community?  The second badge on that list, Assembly Day, is awarded for joining groups. (I didn't actually see a badge called Join Groups.) When you navigate to your profile and click on the Assembly Day badge, the reverse side reveals the completion requirements.

If at any time you haven't received a badge that you think you should have received, click on the Badge Fail button at the bottom of this page and fill out the Google form to request your badge.

Last, because this question is about the Community, and not about the Canvas LMS per se, I've moved it to the Meta Community Group​. If you're not yet a member, click on the group link, then on the Actions menu at the upper right, and select Join Group.

View solution in original post

don_bryn
Community Champion

Screen Shot 2016-10-01 at 11.42.05 PM.png

Thanks for the screenshot,  @don_bryn ​.  @biray ​ has posted a screenshot in your subsequent question here--No points for joining groups? --indicating that you have been awarded the Assembly Day badge. So something is clearly not quite as it should be. I'll share this conversation with Biray so we can figure out what's going on.

With that in mind, I notice that two profiles exist in the Community, one for Don Bryn and one for Donald Bryn:

@don_bryn 

Donald Bryn

Are both of these yours? I don't know if this is contributing to the issue, but it might be, so I thought I'd get that checked out here while we're troubleshooting.

don_bryn
Community Champion

Yes, the Donald profile was accidentally created somehow using my school email AFTER I had already been active using my personal email.  But I've not used it since, though I was being accidentally signed on to it a couple weeks ago (I think) and it took me a while to figure out I had to delete all cookies before I could change my sign-in back.    It shouldn't be the issue since I don't use it and all my other activity has been credited correctly.

I wouldn't mind if we deleted the extra profile so I could change my email to my school email on this account.

biray
Community Champion

Thanks for the screenshot  @don_bryn ​. I can see how that may have been confusing. When you go to 'places', it just shows you the points and/or badges you've received when you've engaged with content in that space of the community. So, technically, Join Groups​ isn't a badge, it's the name of a place. Just like Canvas Feature Ideas​ and Canvas Release Notes​, etc.

For example, you can get points for blogging, commenting, liking things, etc.... and in the Instructional Designers​ group, you've participated in discussions and contributed your own content (blog posts). So, essentially, it's showing that 360 points of your total points were received from your engagement in the ID group.

Hope that helps clarify! Smiley Happy

Hey Don!  We can fix this for you.  1) We can just delete your "Donald" account and you can continue using your personal one.  2) We can change the credentials on your personal account to those from your work account - the current work account would be deleted.

The only limitation we have is that Jive does not allow for merging account, so we cannot merge the 2.

don_bryn
Community Champion

So "join groups" isn't really a PLACE, is it?   I mean, you can NEVER get points in that location because it isn't a specific group.  I mean, if I click on any of the other places, I go to that group.  If I click on "join groups" where do I go?

You don't have to answer.   This is taking more time from all of us than it's worth.

Great.  It just makes me nervous--make sure you don't delete my active account!   I've almost literally never used the other one, so no harm in deleting it.  AFTER that's all done, I assume I can change my email, though I might not bother for now.  Not sure if it will make much of a difference.