cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boekenoogen
Community Contributor

Canvas Community Account

Did anyone have their Canvas Community account reset? I was ranked 38th and had over 7700 points and now I have lost everything? 

22 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@jrboek ‌, now that we've gathered enough info to start the support case, I'm going to move this discussion out of Find Answers‌ (all-things-Canvas) and into the Meta Community Group‌ (all-things-Community). We'll continue the conversation there.

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jrboek  It looks like you most of the Community team on your case!

You are in good hands, now so I will take my sick humor elsewhere.

Let's hope for the best!

Boekenoogen
Community Contributor

Any more update? 

Hi  @jrboek ‌. The support agents believe a change to your email address caused your main Community account and a duplicate account to become conflated, removing the points and badges from your main account. They are still looking into this further and to see if there is a way they can assist in restoring the points back to what they were for your main account. 

Boekenoogen
Community Contributor

The email should be jrboek@ou.edu and not john.r.boekenoogen-1@ou.edu.

Boekenoogen
Community Contributor

I hope you all will will be able to find a solution soon.  This has been majorly demoralizing to loose all of my points,  to loose my ranked 38th, and loose all of my badges. ☹️

Oh no, I just noticed this post. I can't replace badges but I've got a heap of points from hanging out here all the time (it's been my main place to hang out online since we switched from D2L). So if they cannot give you back the points, I can use the award-points person-to-person thingy to make it up,  @jrboek ‌ and Deactivated user‌ ... yep, I see your name popping up with the two addresses there, so hopefully they can find a way just to merge those two accounts. Anyway, I am glad to be an OU co-conspirator to get your points back up to where they should be. Go, OU! 

And I know I've seen other people I know here with multiple accounts, because sometimes I'm not sure which one to use when I want to ping them with the @ sign. Hopefully there is a way to merge doubled accounts like that. Fingers crossed. Let me know how it goes! 

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hey  @jrboek did somebody get this fixed for you? Have you heard anything at all?

Kelley

Boekenoogen
Community Contributor

All I can tell is that they were able to change my email address back to the original, but I still lost everything. I should not let it bother me. I made it one to 38th I can try again! 

Can't wait to see everyone in a few weeks in Colorado. 

Hey John. Please don't let this point situation demoralize you. Community is about so much more than points or quests! I assure you one way or another we will resolve those issues and your contributions can still be of immense value.

I want to make sure I have my details correct though, it seems you currently have two accounts:

Deactivated user and  @jrboek ‌. You post most often from the second one, but your desired email is associated with the first one. Changing your email probably caused the conflation of the two accounts and loss of points. So what we are looking to ask Lithium Support to perform, is a deletion of the first account, and using that email address for the second account, and a restoration of points and completed quests.

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, and community on!