cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Canvas Community Digest: What is it?

Jump to solution

I recently got a question from a staff member who was looking into the "Community Digest" email option and wanted to know if this is something she could suggest to faculty as a way to stay on top of what is happening on here, but not feel overwhelmed with so many inbox notifications.  Would this be the recommended option?  What does this Community Digest contain and is it something that gets emailed to you if you sign up for it? (if you set your preferences to allow for it)

Thanks for the clarification!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks chofer@morainepark.edu  that helped!    I subscribed to the Community Update via email and got the following in my inbox today, so I've been able to answer my own question!  Here's the labeled email of what one will receive in the Community Update email: 2015-05-01_1134.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi franke@fau.edu​...

I found this information in one of the large Jive help documents...maybe this will be of help...

Community Digest

You can set your Preferences by going to the top right and selecting your avatar > Preferences and then choose a Community Digest option so you'll receive an email with a summary of community news. The links in the digest open the content right in the community. If you're already getting a digest, you can cancel it or change its frequency here.

The digest includes:

• Your status. If you've entered a status message, it'll be here.
  • A list of activity around your content. If you've created or commented on content, for example, it'll be listed here. This list will also include notes about content of yours that was viewed or commented on by others.
  • A list of activity by people connected to you.
  • A list of popular content in the community.
Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks chofer@morainepark.edu  that helped!    I subscribed to the Community Update via email and got the following in my inbox today, so I've been able to answer my own question!  Here's the labeled email of what one will receive in the Community Update email: 2015-05-01_1134.png

View solution in original post