cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whitney_clay
Community Contributor

Canvas Guides slow to load

Jump to solution

Canvas Guides & Canvas Community pages have awesome content but are consistently slow to load. 

I'm guessing its is because of heavy traffic.  Are Canvas peeps aware of it?  Any fixes coming?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
whitney_clay
Community Contributor

After 3 months, I figured it out!  It was a resolving host problem.

Here's how I fixed it.  Get Started  |  Public DNS  |  Google Developers

I hope this helps someone else.  Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

6 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@whitney_clay ​, I'm not having any problem with things loading/ and in general haven't had any problems lately. Are you sure that it's not something on your end?

whitney_clay
Community Contributor

I can’t be 100% positive it isn’t on my end, but I don’t know what it would be. Canvas courses load fine, and other websites load fine, but any Canvas Guides or Canvas Community pages I load are always slow. If you have any suggestions of what to check on my end, I’m open to it!

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@whitney_clay , I'm not seeing any particular issue with the Canvas Guides either. I do note that when a particular Community page has a very large number of comments and replies, it takes longer to load than a page like this one. Also, since this isn't a question about Canvas, but rather a question about the Community, I'm going to move it to the Meta Community Group​, which is where we discuss all-things-Community. If you're not yet a member, please take a moment to join.

whitney_clay
Community Contributor

After 3 months, I figured it out!  It was a resolving host problem.

Here's how I fixed it.  Get Started  |  Public DNS  |  Google Developers

I hope this helps someone else.  Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Whew, thanks for letting us know,  @whitney_clay !

whitney_clay
Community Contributor

Happy to contribute!