cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Learner II

Community Issue

Jump to solution

Anyone else having issues?  I went in to finish a quest and everything is gone.  Did we do another reset or is it something weird with my account.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Thanks for your patience, everyone. The Rewards system is now up and running once again.

tross, it's unfortunate that this happened while you were in the midst of a quest. If the quest is not there, and you can't recreate the steps to get the badge associated with the quest, please fill out the Badge Fail form linked at the end of What is the Canvas Community Reward System? and I'll take care of it.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Not just you. Mine's all reset as well.

Highlighted
Surveyor

I dont' think it was intentional - nothing announced.  I've also lost all quests and points, and there's no "available quests", so I think everything got removed.  Hopefully just a glitch.

stefaniesanders‌?

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hmm; I wonder if it's anything to do with the change in ownership?  If you didn't catch it, rcarney@instructure.com‌ posted this about a month ago:  https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/community/blog/2017/09/07/jivex-community-platform-acquisitio... .

Highlighted

kblack@dom.edu‌ I can't follow that link.  Private group.

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, everyone, Jive has been experiencing global issues with Rewards today and is in the process of implementing a fix. We'll update this thread as we know more.

Highlighted

tross‌, that blog post lives in the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/community?sr=search&searchId=466accff-0df7-4a20-add5-13747d72...‌, which is where we post all-things-Community. Feel free to join!

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Ooops!  Sorry tross‌!  And thank you, stefaniesanders‌!

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Thanks for your patience, everyone. The Rewards system is now up and running once again.

tross, it's unfortunate that this happened while you were in the midst of a quest. If the quest is not there, and you can't recreate the steps to get the badge associated with the quest, please fill out the Badge Fail form linked at the end of What is the Canvas Community Reward System? and I'll take care of it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi everyone...

Since this question is really about things that happen here in the Canvas Community website and not about Canvas courses, I am going to move it to the Meta Community Group.  You can follow/join that group by using the link I've provided.  Thanks...