Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cholling
Community Champion

Curious about Login to Community Spaces

Jump to solution

Hey Everyone,

I noticed in the past that when I logged in to Community I would get a prompt asking me to choose which "space" I wanted to access. The list was fairly long with half a dozen or more options. I've noticed in the last few weeks that it's been trimmed down considerably. Just curious whether there was some revamping/reorganizing done or if I got dropped off of some areas. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

1 Solution
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

cholling​, are you referring to the login process, where you're asked to choose a Canvas account? This thing?

oops-which-account.png

Those are personal to you, and represent the various Canvas accounts with which you're somehow associated or have clicked on in that browser somewhere along the way. Clearing cookies usually weeds out the list, so maybe you've done a cookie cleanup recently. I use Cookies Manager+, a Firefox add-on, to keep the dropdown list manageable.

And, since this is a question about the Community and its mechanism rather than a question about the Canvas LMS per se, I'm going to move the question to the Meta Community Group​ after a decent interval has passed. :smileysilly:

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

cholling​, are you referring to the login process, where you're asked to choose a Canvas account? This thing?

oops-which-account.png

Those are personal to you, and represent the various Canvas accounts with which you're somehow associated or have clicked on in that browser somewhere along the way. Clearing cookies usually weeds out the list, so maybe you've done a cookie cleanup recently. I use Cookies Manager+, a Firefox add-on, to keep the dropdown list manageable.

And, since this is a question about the Community and its mechanism rather than a question about the Canvas LMS per se, I'm going to move the question to the Meta Community Group​ after a decent interval has passed. :smileysilly: