Day 10: Bloggers Blogging

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
This content is over 24-months old. While the resource is still valuable to the Community, it is important to evaluate the content to ensure that it is still relevant and reliable.

On the tenth day of Canvasmas, the Canvas Community gave to me: ten Bloggers Blogging...

Blogs are the gift that keeps on giving. Blogs create community, because they're imbued with personality. We get to know people not only through what they share in their blogs, but how they contextualize it. Blog posts give us insight into a person's process and surroundings, so that we learn not only how someone is using a feature in Canvas but also a look at how that person navigated the journey.

Any community member can create a blog post by joining a group and posting to that group's blog. But why is the tenth day of Canvasmas associated with blogs? Well, 10 is one of the signposts on the road to earning a user blog of one's own. A community member who reaches Educator II status and has authored 10 blog posts will be considered for a user blog. Once you've earned a user blog, you'll be able to post directly to your own blog—and you can still share those posts out to groups if you'd like—so that anyone following you can stay on top of your content.

I promised you 10 bloggers blogging, so I've curated content from 10 authors (listed in alphabetical order by first name). Click on the links to dive into a cornucopia of blog posts, which you'll soon discover are the jumping-off point for avenues to a wide array of resources. 

@dhulsey ‌ Canvas and Turnitin (most views of any blog!)
 @garth ‌ .NET et al. (developer resources)
 @ProfessorBeyrer ‌ Summer of Canvas series
 @James ‌ a sampling of Canvancements* (both current and retired)
 @KristinL ‌ Canvas Teacher, Canvas Student, Canvas Parent
laurakgibbs Laura Gibbs' Blog (118 posts at this writing!)
 @lindalee ‌ Lessons Learned about Blueprint Courses series
 @jonesn16 ‌ Preparing Your Canvas series
snufer Ed Tech Showcase series
ssimpso4 Potpourri

Here's what you can do right now:

• Explore these collections
  • Click on each person's profile to browse through all of their content
  • Follow these notables (if you don't already)
  • Click on the Groups link in the global navigation above to find groups to join and follow
  • Blog! 

You'll find plenty of guidance in these resources:

How do I create a blog post in the Community? 

How do I add banner images to a blog post, event or user profile? 

What is the difference between a blog and a document in Community Groups? 

And earlier this year, I presented in CanvasLIVE about blogging, and here's the recording of that session:

_____

*James shared some of his Canvancements as documents: you'll find the complete list at Canvancements - Canvas Enhancements  

1 Comment