Dear Studio formerly known as Arc

BethCrook
Community Contributor

I love Canvas, and I hope you do too!

DEAR CANVAS STUDIO formerly known as Arc,

When you came into my life, it was instant love affair. Fireworks, chemistry, attraction, and I couldn't wait to tell everyone about you and shout your former name up and down the hallways to anyone who would listen and even louder to those who wouldn't. I would spend days with you, learning your features and buttons. So simple, so easy to please.  And each day you would stare lovingly into my eyes as I endlessly recorded quick tips and training tutorials for my faculty, staff, and students throughout campus, on not only academics and Canvas topics, but how to submit their credit card statements online and new features in Google.  Even our CFO recorded a video or two.

And when you decided to re-evaluate your life and make changes, we stood by you. You changed your name and added video quizzing. Wow. What a game changer that was. You are seriously rocking our world with that one. The students are in the middle of watching a movie or lecture and suddenly it pauses and a quiz appears right there on their screen with a question for them to answer.  And we can put that quiz in any place we want, be it at the beginning, middle or near the end of that video. An instant way to know if students are watching and learning. And then, at the end of the day or year, we want to take that video home to share with our parents, we can push your download button. Beautiful is the only word I can use to describe.

With Admiring Love,

Beth Crook

Canvas Love