cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlewis23
Learner II

Gamification rules

Jump to solution

I'm all for gamification, but it is nice to understand the rules.  Does anyone know if there is any documentation about this Communities point gathering system?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
judyk
Community Member

@mlewis23 ​ I'm not certain of actual documentation regarding the points but I do know that when you're on your user profile if you click on your points you will then see a list to the left that supplies you with your rank, missions, badges and so fourth. When you click on each one of those areas you should see what task you need to accomplish to receive these points. There was a long discussion about this when Jive​ was first launched Re: Points!  The other issue I had when I first started being "active" in the community was not seeing my badges. Luckly,  @biray  took care of that right away. If that happens to you follow these steps What if I didn't receive a badge that I should have? 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
judyk
Community Member

@mlewis23 ​ I'm not certain of actual documentation regarding the points but I do know that when you're on your user profile if you click on your points you will then see a list to the left that supplies you with your rank, missions, badges and so fourth. When you click on each one of those areas you should see what task you need to accomplish to receive these points. There was a long discussion about this when Jive​ was first launched Re: Points!  The other issue I had when I first started being "active" in the community was not seeing my badges. Luckly,  @biray  took care of that right away. If that happens to you follow these steps What if I didn't receive a badge that I should have? 

View solution in original post

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hi  @mlewis23 ​, to add to what  @judyk ​ has said (btw, hi, Kendi!), I think perhaps you won't be able to view the Re: Points! discussion because it resides in the Canvas Community Beta Testers group.

Possible points for badges are clearly delineated in your profile. Apart from that I believe the exact rules are deliberately being kept a bit obscure so that no one can game the gamification, as it were. Generally speaking, the more active, in-depth, and varied your community participation is, the more points you will earn, and again, Kendi has it right: when you click on your user profile and then on your points total, you'll see the list of tasks that have contributed to your points total thus far, which in turn shows you the points associated with different tasks.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @mlewis23 ​...

Since this question is more about the Jive interface (what the Canvas Community runs on), Instructure staff has asked that these kinds of questions be posted over in the Meta Community Group.  I'm going to go ahead and move this conversation over there so we keep these discussion separate from questions people have about Canvas.  Hope this is ok with you.

biray
Community Member

What types of badges are available in the Community?​ <--- bookmark this page. This will tell you the types of community badges that are currently active.  However, when it comes special events (like InstructureCon 2015​), we feature limited-time badges DIGITAL BADGES (instcon15)​)