cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Learner II

Guidelines on Sharing Content Critical of Instructure

Jump to solution

Hello, I am wondering if someone might be able to point me towards any guidelines around sharing content that might be critical of Instructure in this community space. Specifically, I have been sharing some links regarding the Thoma Bravo Acquisition: 

https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/designers/blog/2019/12/04/thomas-bravo-instructure-acquisitio... 

And have generally stuck to links that are positive or neutral - however there are also conversations happening online that are more critical and raising some important questions that I think it would be helpful for the community to discuss. However, before adding some of those links I would love to understand how much space the community feels comfortable giving to those different perspectives. 

Thanks! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Christopher,

Thank you asking this thoughtful question.  As long as everyone adheres to the Community Guidelines we should be OK.  You will note that there isn't anything in the guidelines about not being critical of Instructure and I think you will find plenty of instances in the forums, etc where people have voiced opinions critical of Instructure that we have not censored.

As far as the acquisition goes, the only person from the Community team who will be commenting (for legal reasons) on that subject in the forums is me and I will limit myself to referring people to official communications and press releases.

Thanks again for being careful and respectful.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Christopher,

Thank you asking this thoughtful question.  As long as everyone adheres to the Community Guidelines we should be OK.  You will note that there isn't anything in the guidelines about not being critical of Instructure and I think you will find plenty of instances in the forums, etc where people have voiced opinions critical of Instructure that we have not censored.

As far as the acquisition goes, the only person from the Community team who will be commenting (for legal reasons) on that subject in the forums is me and I will limit myself to referring people to official communications and press releases.

Thanks again for being careful and respectful.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you so much scottd@instructure.com‌, I appreciate the great work you do in the community!!