cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

How do I find out who is deleting my comments in the Canvas Communties and why?

Who has permission to remove other people's comments? What are the Community policies? Why aren't people notified that their contributions to the Canvas Community being removed?

25 Replies
Highlighted

Hi hasti@cs.wisc.edu

I would just like to point out, that the Canvas Community (hosted on Jive) is not the same as the Canvas LMS in which schools and/or districts have their own instance of Canvas. Because of this, there is no link between the Canvas Community and any instance of the Canvas LMS.

However, while you cannot contact them via Canvas, you can contact the via the Community. If you are concerned about confidentiality, you can direct message them in the Community.

Agent K

Highlighted

Thanks, kelley.meeusen@cptc.edu I realize now I was using Canvas and Canvas Community rather interchangeably.

All of this has to do with the Canvas Community (and a specific group in the Community that has removed my posts without warning or explanation). My understanding is that in order for me to direct message the owners of a Canvas Community group, I must follow each and every one of them. There is no other way for me to contact the owners of a Canvas Community group any other way within the Canvas Community infrastructure. Is my understanding not correct?

Highlighted
Community Member

Hi, hasti@cs.wisc.edu‌.

Three of the group "owners" are employees at your school in

Division: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Department: ACADEMIC TECHNOLOGY
You could look them up at Directory – University of Wisconsin–Madison and email them directly. The fourth owner is your school's Customer Success Manager at Instructure. One of the three UWisc people may or may not be able or willing to provide his contact info.

Highlighted

I am well aware of how to look people up in my university. I also mentioned earlier that I have been in contact with one of the owners who is claiming complete ignorance and powerlessness regarding what is going on and says he has no idea who I should talk to about this.

I have also contacted the "Help" at WiscIT (the supposed support for Canvas in my university). They have yet to give me an answer to my question.

My question is about following is general. In a general situation, is there any way to contact the owners of a Community group within the Community infrastructure that does not involve having to follow all the owners?

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Yes, it was just confirmed that you would need to follow them and they would need to follow you to send them a DM in the Canvas Community. Sorry for the confusion. I'm a Canvas Coach in the Community and I didn't realize that my account allows for a couple extra features that not everyone has.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, hasti@cs.wisc.edu‌...

Since this conversation is mainly about things occurring here in the Canvas Community website rather than something in the Canvas LMS, I am going to move your question over to the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/community here in the Community.  If you are not yet following that group, you can use the link I've given and then click on the "Follow" button at the top right corner of the screen.  The "Meta" group is where conversations about the Community website are housed.  I hope this is okay with you.

Highlighted

chofer@morainepark.edu‌, I thought I did post it in the Meta Community Group (which I am a member of): I went to the Meta Community Group and clicked on the "Ask a Question" button on that page. Where did I post it?

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi hasti@cs.wisc.edu‌...

That is interesting.  It actually posted to the general "Find Answers" area here in the Community.  I just received a message from awilliams‌ where he tested the same thing, and although he did what you did (going to "Meta" first), it posted to the general "Find Answers" area.

Highlighted

Thanks for checking that. An idea how to post a question to the Meta Community Group?

For what it's worth - at the top of my browser on this page the breadcrumb indicates this is in the Meta Community Group and this has been showing up as an Unanswered Group Question on the Meta Community Group page ALL day.

Highlighted