cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer II

How to add a blog to the community

Jump to solution

I noticed on my profile that it says I do not have any blog posts but I do not see a place or way to create one. Anybody know how to do this? Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

As far as I'm aware you would create your blog inside one of the groups you're in. For example: I had information I wanted to share about how we do our Student Orientation programming and a Submission Report and this seemed to be something that Admin's would be interested in. Because of this I added them as blogs in the Admin Group. They then needed to be approved by the person in charge of the group - an Instructure person - before were visible to others.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi mjennings@uab.edu​...  I think that depends on which Groups you are a member of.  You can write blogs in groups, and then the moderator of the group has to approve your blog (and any changes you make to that blog later on).

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

As far as I'm aware you would create your blog inside one of the groups you're in. For example: I had information I wanted to share about how we do our Student Orientation programming and a Submission Report and this seemed to be something that Admin's would be interested in. Because of this I added them as blogs in the Admin Group. They then needed to be approved by the person in charge of the group - an Instructure person - before were visible to others.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Adventurer II

Thanks kona@richland.edu & chofer@morainepark.edu! That makes a lot of sense.

Highlighted

Hi, mjennings@uab.edu​. It does make sense until you create a blog post and your profile still says you do not have a blog. Smiley Happy  I have a blog post: Canvas and Turnitin​, but my profile still says I do not have a blog. Although, I was able to add the post as "featured content" on my profile.

Somewhere, I believe scottd@instructure.com​ said that there is an option in Jive to blog from the profile, but they had not turned it on at this time.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

It would be nice if we could blog from our personal profile. 🙂

Highlighted