cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgo877
Surveyor

In the list of ideas up for voting, let me see whether I've already voted on it.

In the list of items currently being voted on --  Space: Canvas Feature Ideas | Canvas Community  -- I can't see if I've already voted on it.  I see a "thumbs-up" column but nothing is there.

This is annoying because if I am looking at items currently being voted on, and see something I would like to upvote, I may not remember that I have previously voted.   Please display something on this page indicating if I have already voted for this idea.

(Even better would be to let me vote on the item from that page instead of making me open each one before voting -- but I can see where it makes some sense not to make it too easy to vote on a lot of features too quickly.)

Tags (1)
13 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

rgo877​, if you hover your mouse over the up or down arrow, it will tell you if you have voted or not...as in this example where I've hovered my mouse over the green arrow.

voting.jpg

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@chofer ​, I think he's trying to figure out how to do this without going into each feature idea. Which would be amazing if there was a way!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

rgo877​, unfortunately I don't believe there is a way to see what you've voted on from the list of feature ideas. What I've done though is on one screen open up the list of feature ideas I've voted on and on another screen open the list of feature ideas open for voting and then compare the two.

Here's how you can see a list of all the feature ideas you've already voted on.

Participated.png

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Well, looking at your screen shot you provided below, if that "Likes" column instead showed if you had voted yet or not, that would be cool.  But, that column appears to be reserved for "Likes", and we cannot "like" feature ideas...from what I've seen.  (It makes sense to not "like" a feature idea because that would get confusing with voting up/down an idea, too.)

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Ah, is that what that column is for? I was curious about that and what you said makes perfect sense. And yes, it is too bad we couldn't see votes like that. sadpanda​

What is this.png

Thank you, but ...

I know I can see whether I've voted on a page devoted to any specific idea. I want to see whether I've voted on it when I am reviewing the list of ideas currently up for voting.

In other words, from this page: http://bit.ly/Canvas-vote

-

Rich Gordon

Professor

Medill School of Journalism, Media, Integrated Marketing Communications

Northwestern University

1845 Sheridan Rd.

Evanston, IL 60208

(847) 467-5968

richgor@northwestern.edu

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

I hear ya.  That would be a nice feature.   @scottdennis ​,  @Renee_Carney ​,  @biray ​, Deactivated user​ ... do any of you know if this is possible?

Can I mark this as helpful to the 12th power?

biray
Adventurer III

@kona ​ I believe this only lists the ideas that you've 'participated' in... and in the community, participation could come in the form of voting and/or commenting on an idea. So this list may consists of ideas that you've commented on (say, during the initial 'new submission' or '1.5 stages') but never voted on. 😕