cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macaulayl
Community Member

Is anyone else finding the light blue text on the light gray background in Jive impossible to read?

Jump to solution

Although I love all of the features that Jive is bringing to the community, I am finding the light blue text on the gray background very difficult to read/focus on.  Anyone else?  Is there a way to fix this?  Is there a high contrast setting like on my iPhone that I could use? 

Tags (2)
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Yes...you can go into your preferences and turn on the "High Contrast" setting.

Also, for questions about the Jive community, please post those in the Meta Community Group where Instructure is housing all questions about this interface.  My guess is that one of the Community Admins at Instructure will be moving this topic there soon.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Yes...you can go into your preferences and turn on the "High Contrast" setting.

Also, for questions about the Jive community, please post those in the Meta Community Group where Instructure is housing all questions about this interface.  My guess is that one of the Community Admins at Instructure will be moving this topic there soon.

Hope this helps!

THANK YOU!  So much better!

Wow,  @Chris_Hofer ​, thanks! I'm very impressed with the high contrast view. I didn't realize that the light blue/light grey was giving me trouble until after I enabled the high contrast scheme. Smiley Happy

I noticed the light blue really depends on the screen I'm using.  My older screen displays it much lighter than it is.  My MacBook and DELL screen show the light blue much darker!

@Renee_Carney ​(aka Renee), I'm using a newer-model Dell screen, so now you got me thinking. I decided to try enabling and disabling the high contrast option on my iPad (accessing the Community through the Safari browser), and here are the results:

High contrast OFF:

iPad-high-contrast-OFF.jpg

High contrast ON:

iPad-high-contrast-ON.jpg

Given that this preference is tied to the user, making it universally applicable across all devices and browsers, I think I'm sticking with high contrast. Smiley Happy

I agree.  I have mine in high contrast as well!  I did find it curious that it was dependent on the screen thought!  Smiley Wink

0 Kudos