cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Is moderation new for everyone, or did I do something wrong?

Jump to solution

I just posted a comment on a feature idea and got a message saying that it was awaiting moderation. The comment was approved, but I've never gotten a response like that before. Is moderation a new feature of the Canvas Community, or did I do something wrong to trigger moderation? (laughed too hard at the panda jokes, maybe?)

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Team
Community Team

None of you have been bad (or if you have, there is no causal relationship with that and your posts and replies going into the moderation queue).  As Kona said, we are working to fine tune this part of our community.  For the time being you can expect to see your content go to moderation but is should be approved and out in the community in short order.

Thanks, All.

View solution in original post

28 Replies
Community Member

(This question was moderated, too.)

Navigator

Beth.Young@ucf.edu​, it's happening to a several people. It happened to me (and we know I'm not drinking the Panda Juice) and it even happened to the great kona@richland.edu​.

Community Coach
Community Coach

I'm not sure what triggered your post to go to moderation, but don't feel bad, I've had my last three posts sent to moderation. Smiley Happy

Moderation was put into place because of the spamming issue we've had recently. As of right now it's the best way to keep the spam out of the Community. Unfortunately the spam filter is a little sensitive and seems to be catching a lot of non-spam. Hopefully once the spam dies down it will get dialed back to something closer to what it was pre-spam.

PS My reply to your question about being moderated just got moderated! Smiley Wink

Navigator

Maybe they looked at the usage for different parts of the Community, saw that "Notifications" weren't getting clicked on enough, and so they decided to encourage people to see their notifications by making it show up after every post.

Maybe it's because I have some notifications that I haven't accepted yet. I've got some from a couple of months ago where stefaniesanders​ tagged me as experts in several areas but my modesty prevented me from accepting them. Now I'm going to have to go accept them and see if that gets rid of the moderation thing.

Community Member

Mine have been getting moderated, as well. Have all of us been bad?  :smileyblush: :smileymischief: :smileyconfused:

Okay, my notifications are all gone. Let's see if that was the fix.

Nope that wasn't it.

Perhaps they're moderating people filling up posts with silly non-substantial things.

But other than this conversation, that doesn't really apply.

I've got to go teach class. Sorry I couldn't come up with a solution. I don't know Jive's API and I can't come up with a Greasemonkey script right now to fix the problem.

Have fun figuring things out.

Community Member

Spam? What sorts of spam? You mean like telling you guys about this great product I'm selling? That's right, GREAT! Just for you Canvas users, you can have it today for the low, low price of $9.99. THAT'S RIGHT, FOLKS! $9.99. Click right heeere . . .

Community Team
Community Team

None of you have been bad (or if you have, there is no causal relationship with that and your posts and replies going into the moderation queue).  As Kona said, we are working to fine tune this part of our community.  For the time being you can expect to see your content go to moderation but is should be approved and out in the community in short order.

Thanks, All.

View solution in original post