cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beth_Young
Community Contributor

Is moderation new for everyone, or did I do something wrong?

Jump to solution

I just posted a comment on a feature idea and got a message saying that it was awaiting moderation. The comment was approved, but I've never gotten a response like that before. Is moderation a new feature of the Canvas Community, or did I do something wrong to trigger moderation? (laughed too hard at the panda jokes, maybe?)

Tags (1)
28 Replies
James
Community Champion

So, does this mean I'll need to sleep tonight since no one will be around to approve my 3 am posts?

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

It looks like this one made it through without moderation! Smiley Happy

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hey and my last one did too!!!!

Highly recommended, James - sleeping through the night is a good thing!

Nice!  I do not appear to be so lucky...

canvas_admin
Community Champion

I've started seeing the moderation as well.   Maybe if we make enough comments it will go away.   Granted,  @kona ​ makes as many comments in a day as I do in a week so I wonder how many I have to make. Smiley Happy

Lots, Mark - Lots and lots.

Actually it has been real hit & miss for me. Some get moderated but most don't. I was hoping you guy had a better handle on this than I do.

cohenf
Community Participant

I never saw "currently being moderated" or "comment awaiting approval" until a few days ago. Now, one phrase or the other is attached to every comment I make on every thread. I feel as if I've somehow been flagged for incivility. Guess I'm looking for a little reassurance that I've done nothing wrong.

James
Community Champion

@cohenf ‌,

It's not just you -- it's happening to lots of people, from the newbie to the seasoned Canvas Coach. Even people who can release items from moderation are getting their own posts moderated.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

What James said is absolutely true! Almost every time I post my posts go to moderation and I'm one of the people who has the ability to approve things in moderation! That means I post and then have to go to moderation to approve my own post!