cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awilliams
Surveyor

Is there any way to hide emails from public?

Jump to solution

I noticed that if you aren't logged in to the community your name in a post gets replaced by your user name, which happens to be my work email and does not appear to be editable. Is there anyway to obscure this information from unregistered users?

profile-jive.png

What a post looks like to a registered user:

private-jive.png

What a post looks like to an unregistered user:

public-jive.png

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

awilliams​, from a little playing around it seems that if you change your Privacy settings so that your name is visible to Everyone, see screenshot below, then when people not logged into the community look at something you've done they see your name, not your username/email address.

PrivacySettings.png

This is what I see when I went to a Question while not logged into the community. Notice my name comes up instead of my email address.

NameNotEmail.png

Yet, if you click on my name my public profile comes up with a message telling people to Log in to learn more about "my email address". So, this isn't a perfect fix, but it should help get your email address removed from every post you've made in the community!

Stillemail.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

awilliams​, from a little playing around it seems that if you change your Privacy settings so that your name is visible to Everyone, see screenshot below, then when people not logged into the community look at something you've done they see your name, not your username/email address.

PrivacySettings.png

This is what I see when I went to a Question while not logged into the community. Notice my name comes up instead of my email address.

NameNotEmail.png

Yet, if you click on my name my public profile comes up with a message telling people to Log in to learn more about "my email address". So, this isn't a perfect fix, but it should help get your email address removed from every post you've made in the community!

Stillemail.png

View solution in original post

Thanks, that will help. Would be nice to really hide it though. Darn those web forum scraping bots!