Jive Rewards not working

Explorer III
1 18 418

OPEN

Description
  • Community members are not accumulating points or receiving points associated with badges.
  • The Community Team is not able to manually award quest badges.

We have had a case open with Lithium on this issue with Jive Rewards since July 2019. 

Steps to reproduce
  1. Navigate to your Canvas Community profile
  2. Click on the Rewards tab
  3. Click on Community Leaderboard
  4. Hover over your name
  5. Observe that the total under Daily at the right reads 0

(Note that points typically update once daily.)

Expected Behavior:

Daily points accrual should correlate with activity in the Canvas Community.

Points associated with badge awards should reflect in the user's points total.

Community Team should be able to manually award quest badges.

Workaround:

None. It is not necessary to report this.

18 Comments
Learner II

4 weeks without rewards working, I would be interested to know what Jive Rewards have said is the problem and how they are going to fix it! Having investigated using Jive for my own school I am very aware just how much this support and reward system costs.

Explorer

Yeah, and is Jive going to refund this expenditure by Instructure for a service that has not work 1/12th of the year?

I guess that is up to the respective lawyers, but if it were me, I would be seriously expecting a refund!

Kelley

Navigator

Gideon.Williams@britishschool.nl, thanks so much for sharing concern with us.

We continue to work with Jive/Khoros to get this fixed, in fact we have a meeting with them in a few hours. We know that points are important and fun so we'll continue to do what we can to get them up and running.

Learner II

Please can we have an update?

Navigator

Gideon.Williams@britishschool.nlI wish we had one to give.  We continue to work with Jive/Khoros, who has the bug escalated to their peak. We promise to share more as we know more.

Learner II

Thanks rcarney@instructure.com‌ for letting me know and also for all your efforts to sort this. 

Adventurer III

Hi Gideon,

Just for background; the company that now owns our community platform does not own the service that runs the points and badges for the platform.  We have regular meetings and communication with our platform provider and they assure us that getting this resolved/working with the gamification provider is their top priority.  To be honest I find the whole situation a bit baffling.

Learner II

Thanks for this Scott. Indeed a little strange. I get if it was an optional extra but not part of the company? New one for me...

Adventurer III

Right, gamification is not a 'fun' extra in community management.  Its a core component of how we, hopefully, encourage people to want to participate and help each other.  Its not secret information that a company called Jive was acquired by a larger company called Aurea and that in that acquisition they sold off the external community portion of Jive's business to another company that was at the time called Lithium but has since rebranded to be called Khoros in connection with another merger.  Not secret but complicated!

Explorer

Hi scottd@instructure.com 

You think that's funny, Khoros maintains a community, that community has a rewards system, and that community's rewards work. Go figure! I mean, I got a badge just for signing up.

Kelley

Adventurer III

Yes, this is one of the particularly frustrating aspects of this issue; not all JiveX (abbreviated JX) users are experiencing the Jive Rewards issues universally or even consistently.  They are 

Learner II

Any updates on this? My rewards stopped working this week and while not necessary I really want my gamification back.

Navigator II

timothy.maw@datc.edu, our platform provider is aware of the latest issues and is working toward a solution.

Navigator II

Thanks to everyone for your patience. Our platform provider has informed us that Rewards is up and running at this time. Please check your profiles to view your badges, points, and status on the leaderboard.

We'll keep this current issue document in its "Open" status for the time being nevertheless.

Community Member

None of my activity points from today are appearing in my "daily gain" or are accumulating.

Navigator II

christinaballard@cccneb.edu‌, this may have been a momentary glitch that appears to have spontaneously resolved itself (this happens in Jive Rewards from time to time). Would you check now?

Community Member

Hi stefaniesanders‌, yes it has resolved itself. Thank you.

Navigator II

Glad to hear it, Christina!