cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer

New Canvas Community - why can't I view question or hub activity replies?

Jump to solution

I am feeling like a novice with the new Khoros community!  When I view for example the Jobs Board forum, I can't view any of the 9 replies if I'm logged in. If I am not logged in, I can view the replies.  I have joined the Community hub where that forum resides. That seems backwards.  What's wrong? 

I can view all the posts/replies in ideas. 

For questions, I can only see a reply if it's marked as the solution while logged in.  I can reply and subscribe but still not see all the other replies. Although I can always log out and see all the replies!  I have searched this community and read the guide, but can't find any information about this problem.

I am going to mention @Stefanie right now because she is one of the pros who knows all the answers.

I use Firefox, and normally block social media cookies and trackers.  Could that be a problem?  I allowed all cookies and it didn't make a difference. Thanks!

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @Nancy_Webb_CCSF ...

You are not alone in your frustrations with not being able to see replies of others.  I've come across this and also reported it to @Stefanie.  What I've found is that it is related to how your Khoros user preferences are set up.  Try this...  Click on your avatar at the top right corner of the screen.  Then, click on "My settings".  Next, click on the "Preferences" tab, and then finally click on the "Display" tab below that.  You should see either "Linear format" or "Threaded format" selected.  If it's on the threaded option, Stefanie has told me it's a reported bug in Khoros.  The only way to see replies currently is to change it to the linear option...for the time being.

I hope this will be of some help to you, Nancy.  Stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hello again, @Nancy_Webb_CCSF ...

I wanted to let you know that I received word from @Stefanie and @Renee_Carney today that Khoros fixed the "Threaded format" option within your user settings here in the Canvas Community website.  I've now got it turned on myself, and it sure does make reading discussion topics easier to follow!

6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @Nancy_Webb_CCSF ...

You are not alone in your frustrations with not being able to see replies of others.  I've come across this and also reported it to @Stefanie.  What I've found is that it is related to how your Khoros user preferences are set up.  Try this...  Click on your avatar at the top right corner of the screen.  Then, click on "My settings".  Next, click on the "Preferences" tab, and then finally click on the "Display" tab below that.  You should see either "Linear format" or "Threaded format" selected.  If it's on the threaded option, Stefanie has told me it's a reported bug in Khoros.  The only way to see replies currently is to change it to the linear option...for the time being.

I hope this will be of some help to you, Nancy.  Stay safe, and be well.

Highlighted

Thank you @chofer that worked!  I wish they would disable threaded replies if it's not working.  Now I understand the default view is linear view, so if not logged in, replies are visible.

Best wishes for your safety too.

Highlighted

Hello again, @Nancy_Webb_CCSF ...

I wanted to let you know that I received word from @Stefanie and @Renee_Carney today that Khoros fixed the "Threaded format" option within your user settings here in the Canvas Community website.  I've now got it turned on myself, and it sure does make reading discussion topics easier to follow!

Highlighted

Thanks so much @chofer !  Marvelous news appreciate your sharing!

Highlighted

When the new community came out I was flabbergasted to see a non-threaded community, the overview of which reply belongs to which reply was completely gone while this was the default for the previous community.

I found the setting to enable threaded format here: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-preferences:display

This should be pushed for ALL community members a.s.a.p. as it should have been from the get-go. Please make sure that this is done before many give up before they even started trying the new community.

Also, is there a space in the community to report problems with the new community? I have broken links on my pages, I cannot attach files to my blogs and pages, etc.

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hey Jaap,

Threading vs non-threaded are settings that we are working to make it so that threaded is the default in all places and non-threaded only where someone sets that as their preference.

In the group hubs drop down menu there is a Community Users group that is the equivalent the Meta group in the old community platform.