Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Look; Same Great Awesome

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
17 13 2,091

The current Community design worked great when we launched it in 2015. That design focused on what could be done in the Community, but lacked directions for individuals consistent with what they were trying to accomplish in Canvas. We’re going to improve the user experience and make the design prettier in the process.

What’s Changing?

Whether you’re an admin, instructional designer, instructor, parent/observer, or student, you’ll have an improved experience when you’re looking for resources and discussions specific to your role.
The interface colors and layout will be different, but the input we’ve received on the new design leads us to hope that you’ll find it to be not only aesthetically pleasing but also easier to navigate.
Resources are not changing! You’ll still find the same awesome guides, videos, product priority notes, events, Q&A, discussions, blog posts, and more!

When?

Changes will be completed Tuesday, November 26, 2019.

Will this impact my access to the Community?

It shouldn’t impact your access (famous last words, right?). If for some reason the homepage is acting funny, please use the top page navigation to get to what you’re looking for.

Here’s a partial sneak peek!

330400_pastedImage_6.png

13 Comments
Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

Wow! Now that's exciting.

Looking forward to November 26 so we can all see the hard work the peeps have put in. 

jsowalsk
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Do we need to worry about any link changes or redirects to content? What about resources we have saved to /news will these be unchanged?  @Renee_Carney ‌

bcrook
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

This is very exciting and is going to help so many new and current members of the Community navigate their way.  I love it!  Excited to explore!

awilliams
Community Champion

Hey  @jsowalsk . I don't think you'll need to worry about any changes to links or the news section from this new look.

jsowalsk
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thank you.

tsmooth6313_th
Community Member

Hello, I have two Goolge accounts. Does it matter which one I use? I have a personal account and the CCSD account. 

scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Anthony,

Do you mean to login into the Community?  Or are you asking about doing something different with your two Google accounts?

Kelvin_Dean
Community Contributor

I think you should include the Lato font for the redesign so that it creates a unified experience between the Canvas LMS and the Canvas Community.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

The Changes have been implemented!

bcrook
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

This. Is.  AMAZING

jayde_colquhoun
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Loving the new style! 

piercet1
Community Member

I love the new look!!

stacy_lambert
Community Contributor

Looks more modern! Love the colour scheme too!