cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karen_bowden
Community Contributor

No Comments Button on some posts.

Jump to solution

I've just noticed that in some Community posts there is a Comments button so I can leave a comment, and in others there is no button. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

1 Solution

@karen_bowden , it looks like that’s a blog in a Community group - Canvas Mobile Users Group‌. To be able to comment on content in that group you would need to first join the group. To do that click on the group name (from this post) or navigate to their main page, and in the upper right hand area there should be an option to join the group (you might have to click on something to get that option - sorry, I’m on my phone so I don’t see all of the options). Once you’re a member of the group you’ll be able to comment. 🙂

Hope this helps!

Kona

View solution in original post

7 Replies
kona
Coach Emeritus

@karen_bowden , unless a question or discussion has been closed, which doesn’t happen that often, they should be open to commenting. Could you be more specific and provide the link to some that you’ve found that are closed?

Thanks! Kona

karen_bowden
Community Contributor

Hi, Kona. I'll try. The link is to Peyton's post about the new parent app. https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/cmug/blog/2018/07/30/pairing-code-how-to-guide 

I just wanted to thank you for it and there is no comments button (for me). I guess that means comments are closed? See a screenshot below of what I'm *not* seeing. 

284343_Capture.JPG

0 Kudos

@karen_bowden , it looks like that’s a blog in a Community group - Canvas Mobile Users Group‌. To be able to comment on content in that group you would need to first join the group. To do that click on the group name (from this post) or navigate to their main page, and in the upper right hand area there should be an option to join the group (you might have to click on something to get that option - sorry, I’m on my phone so I don’t see all of the options). Once you’re a member of the group you’ll be able to comment. 🙂

Hope this helps!

Kona

karen_bowden
Community Contributor

Thanks! I didn't notice it was a group post.

0 Kudos

Yeah. It's not readily apparent I have to be a member of a group to make a comment. Smiley Sad But I'll try to remember that the next time that button's missing.

kmeeusen
Coach Emeritus

Hi  @karen_bowden 

This will typically happen under two instances that I know of (there may be more)..........

1. You are not logged in to the Community, and
  2. The comments are in a private group, and you are not a member.

I hope this helps,

Kelley

ektmcc

I realize this is old and has been solved, but it came up when I had this similar problem.  Some of the assignments did not have the comment button (or other grading buttons like highlighting, strikethrough etc.) in the speedgrader window.

After looking I realized the reason for that was because I had set it up to require peer reviews in the assignment settings.  If you have it set to require peer review then the grading tools will not appear in the speedgrader window. 

I realize this wasn't the case in the OP, but I  figured this might help others looking for an answer to this question.

0 Kudos