cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glparker
Adventurer

Pages indicator not working in Ideas voting area

Jump to solution

Looking this morning, there are 1229 items up for voting.   At 20 items per page, that's 60 pages of ideas I need to scan through to decide if I want to vote it up or down, or ignore.     The problem here is the mechanism provided by Jive doesn't give me a way to jump to the last page, nor does it indicate how many pages are available. 

What is being done about this?   Does anyone have a trick for going to the last page in the list to make it easier to find new and under-voted ideas?

image.png

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
biray
Community Member

Hi  @glparker ​. Thanks for your feedback.

We've also updated the design of the Canvas Feature Ideas​ space to better organize ideas that are coming open for vote, currently open, and going to expire (close). As far as the # of pages, I believe this is innate functionality in JIVE. It happens in all content areas - whether you're sorting through all the ideas from the Feature Ideas space or all the discussions in the Find Answers space, etc. Smiley Sad

I checked the JIVE community and there is an idea exactly like the one you are requesting: Show more than two pages available for browse r... | Jive Community . I voted it up and have encouraged my colleagues to vote it up as well Deactivated user​,  @Renee_Carney ​ and  @scottdennis ​.

You're, of course, more than welcome to create an account in the JIVE community and vote on the idea, as well.

For now, we'll mark this question as answered since there's not much we can do here. Smiley Sad

View solution in original post

3 Replies
awilliams
Surveyor

It is my understanding this is a limitation of the Jive software platform and there isn't much other than making a feature request with Jive we can do to change it. I think this is the right place to do that Space: Ideas for Jive | Jive Community

Beth_Young
Community Member

Related previous discussions: Is Canvas Ideas only showing 20 items by default, hiding others? ​ [edit: just realized YOU authored that one, so you've seen it already Smiley Happy] and

The main thing I rely on is the "sort." Unfortunately, the sorting by votes doesn't seem to work (unless I am misunderstanding it) but you can try sorting in other ways. I would love to be able to jump to the last page, too.  It's frustrating to have to page through, 20 ideas at a time, just to get a pages indicator.

biray
Community Member

Hi  @glparker ​. Thanks for your feedback.

We've also updated the design of the Canvas Feature Ideas​ space to better organize ideas that are coming open for vote, currently open, and going to expire (close). As far as the # of pages, I believe this is innate functionality in JIVE. It happens in all content areas - whether you're sorting through all the ideas from the Feature Ideas space or all the discussions in the Find Answers space, etc. Smiley Sad

I checked the JIVE community and there is an idea exactly like the one you are requesting: Show more than two pages available for browse r... | Jive Community . I voted it up and have encouraged my colleagues to vote it up as well Deactivated user​,  @Renee_Carney ​ and  @scottdennis ​.

You're, of course, more than welcome to create an account in the JIVE community and vote on the idea, as well.

For now, we'll mark this question as answered since there's not much we can do here. Smiley Sad

View solution in original post