cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eaton_j
Community Member

Points system

Jump to solution

Good morning everyone.  I have used Canvas in the past but I am not familiar with community forum.  Can anyone advise me on how to obtain points using tutorials?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
biray
Community Member

Thanks for your question Deactivated user​. As awilliams​ mentioned, there are a list of activities that can trigger points. While this list is not comprehensive, every online community will enable different activities. Within this list, we are only leveraging the first 3. But again, there are many other activities that yield points.

If you check out the following documents: What are the Canvas Community missions?​ and What types of badges are available?​ you will find a list of badges and the tasks associated with earning one-time points. However, we also award on-going points (without an associated badge to boot) for doing more frequent things in the community, such as:

• Liking content in the community
  • Marking things helpful
  • Rating content
  • Posting comments and replies

Hope this helps shed some extra light on the gamification aspects of the community engagement.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Deactivated user​, I'm going to move this question to the Meta Community Group since your question is about the Community rather than the Canvas LMS itself. Your question will get direct and focused attention there.

awilliams
Surveyor

Hi Deactivated user​, you can find the documentation for "Earning Status Points" here. I will copy and paste the info too just to make things easier also.

"

Depending on how your community is set up, you may earn points when you involve yourself in the following types of activity:

• Post or respond to a discussion.
  • Correctly answer a discussion question.
  • Provide helpful information to a discussion questions.
  • Create new documents.
  • Create new blog posts.
  • Complete new tasks in a project.
  • Create a new status update.
  • When someone likes your status update.
  • When someone shares your status update.

"

Thanks for the link Adam!

biray
Community Member

Thanks for your question Deactivated user​. As awilliams​ mentioned, there are a list of activities that can trigger points. While this list is not comprehensive, every online community will enable different activities. Within this list, we are only leveraging the first 3. But again, there are many other activities that yield points.

If you check out the following documents: What are the Canvas Community missions?​ and What types of badges are available?​ you will find a list of badges and the tasks associated with earning one-time points. However, we also award on-going points (without an associated badge to boot) for doing more frequent things in the community, such as:

• Liking content in the community
  • Marking things helpful
  • Rating content
  • Posting comments and replies

Hope this helps shed some extra light on the gamification aspects of the community engagement.

View solution in original post