Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clong
Learner II

Regional Canvas Users Group Events

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I'm part of a group that is organizing the first ever Southern California CanvasCon and I'd like to get the word out on Community 2.0 -- maybe even have it on a Calendar. How do I go about this? I can see other user groups wanting to do the same thing so I thought this would be a good place to figure it out.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
biray
Adventurer III

Hi  @clong ​. You had initially asked this question before we had created the Conferences and Events​ space. And I'm happy that you were able to post your event information there: SoCal CanvasCon

But for everyone else who had similar questions, feel free to post all future local, regional, state Canvas-related events in that space.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

5 Replies
awilliams
Surveyor

@clong ​, I had a thought about this. We could use one of the "Free for Teachers" accounts and create a "Regional Canvas Users Group" course open to the public and with join this course link. Then create groups within the course for each region. We'd get all the functionality of Canvas we love including a calendar.

I like it Smiley Wink

We kind of started down that path. DavidRoss​ started up this SoCal CanvasCon 2015 Course.

r_v_jones
Explorer III

I like this idea, but can we please get something similar across the pond in the UK.

Thanks

In my vision, the course would be global, and the groups within it could be as regional as desired.

biray
Adventurer III

Hi  @clong ​. You had initially asked this question before we had created the Conferences and Events​ space. And I'm happy that you were able to post your event information there: SoCal CanvasCon

But for everyone else who had similar questions, feel free to post all future local, regional, state Canvas-related events in that space.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post