Sharing Research & Best Practices

dejonghed07
Community Champion

According to Instructional Design in Higher Education: Defining an Evolving Field, sharing “research and best practices” and "improving training and development processes" helps define the field of instructional design (Beirne & Romanoski, 2018) 

Reflecting back on 2018, I’m grateful that I had opportunities to help define the field.

Some highlights from my year:

• Created my first OER: Designing Quality Online Discussions and Image, Video and Audio Resources 

• Supported faculty learning to teach online 

• Became a faculty mentor and mentored faculty teaching their first online courses 

• Designed a course, that will be taught by various faculty members, in which students use OER to create all of their assignments  

• Worked with an instructional designer in another state through the ID2ID Program on projects that included: the application of research to improve courses and to create/improve processes, and submitting a (recently accepted) conference proposal 

• Became an Adobe Campus Leader because of my contributions to the community in the Adobe Education Exchange. 

• Worked on an Innovation Grant with a teacher who created and used an open Education textbook in her courses  

~~~

Beirne, E. & Romanoski, M. P. (2018). Instructional Design in Higher Education: Defining an Evolving Field from OLC Outlook: An Environmental Scan of The Digital Learning Landscape. OLC Research Center for Digital Learning and Leadership, Online Learning ConsortiumRetrieved from https://olc-wordpress-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/2018/07/Instructional-Design-in-Higher-Educati... 

2019 with colored circles

5 Comments