cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwillmore
Community Champion

Sorting Discussions in Jive

Jump to solution

I am more than sheepish asking this question.  How do I sort discussions in Jive to place the newest post first?  I tried Jive help, looked into my profile, and, well, here I am asking the question.   A badge to the first person that gives me the answer Smiley Happy

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattHanes
Community Champion

You should have a dropdown right above the list of discussions that looks like the one in this screenshot:

229282_pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MattHanes
Community Champion

You should have a dropdown right above the list of discussions that looks like the one in this screenshot:

229282_pastedImage_1.png

ysmalls
Community Champion

Sometimes I end up on the Find Answers screen and have "All Content" selected, make sure you just have "Discussions" selected then filter as Matt suggested;

229355_pastedImage_1.png

dwillmore
Community Champion

Thank you for the reply.  I have that set to latest activity, but what I am looking for is a setting that keeps threads in sort by latest activity without having to click on the browse and then find again the Jive discussion I want to look at.  

I typically click on a discussion from a Jive email and it does not take me to the browse view.  This is what I would like to change.  This is also the case when I do a search from the main menu of Jive instead of the browser.

I think I may not be articulating this very well.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@dwillmore ‌, if you Follow the Find Answers area to your Inbox you should be able to get everything organized newest to oldest in your Community Inbox. This is actually how I manage things in the Community, I hardly ever go to the location, I just login and there's everything I want right in my Inbox! 🙂

dwillmore
Community Champion

What!?  you and ysmalls‌ expect me to change the way I do things to get my desired result??   How dare you both, the universe must change to my whims.

The above was sarcasm of course.    Thank you, both for the correct answer.    I also have problems respecting the texts I get on a cell phone as I respect actual voice calls.

Oops, forgot  @MattHanes ‌, but he is also correct.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @dwillmore ‌...

Since your question is asking about how things function here in the Canvas Community, I am going to move this topic over to the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/community?sr=search&searchId=145f95bd-d358-4192-9675-654857cb...‌.  If you are not currently following this group, please use the link I've provided and then click the "Follow" button at the top right corner of the page.