cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
themidiman
Community Champion

Support for gaining access to Community

Jump to solution

One of our sister institutions on our consortial Canvas instance seems to be having issues related to Single Sign-on (SSO) into the new community. I know there were some Canvas authentication issues that occurred briefly yesterday that were since resolved but this one is having us scratching our head. They can log into Canvas just fine but not the new community. What's the best way to get support for issues like this (logging into the new Canvas community)?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jordan
Community Champion

Hey JEFHQ12951​ thank you for brining this to our attention.  If you can give me the phone number for Deactivated user​ then I will give her a call to help her with this issue.

FYI: I am guessing that she is trying to get her account set up via the SSO but it is telling her that her email is already in use. (That's the issue we've been noticing the past couple days.) We will likely have to remove her existing Jive account that is unable to merge with the incoming SSO request, and then she should be fine.

Looking forward to helping Lesley!

View solution in original post

32 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

Jeffrey,

I will alert someone at Instructure.

Robbie

Thank you. If it helps, the individual complaining of the issue is Deactivated user​

Quick question  @Robbie_Grant :

I see you have an institutional affiliation with New Mexico State University. How is it you can get Instructure's attention any faster than I would? It seems like the ticketing system is the normal way I would go about getting a Canvas issue resolved but this is for the Instructure Canvas Community. Could other folks rely on some non-Instructure person to do something that a ticket might be able to solve more consistently?

Thanks for being willing to help Deactivated user​ in the meantime. According to her, she all of a sudden is being locked out of her account, while someone at her campus was able to create a new account just fine today and has no issues.

JEFHQ12951

There are a group of us called Canvas Coaches that answer the questions that are posted in this forum.  We are contract employees of Canvas and have a coordinator that allows us to directly contact Instructure with questions that are beyond our access, like the issue with Deactivated user

Robbie

Thanks  @Robbie_Grant ​

My only other remaining question is how will follow-up on this occur once the issue is resolved?

Thank you Robbie.  One of us will be looking into this soon.

jordan
Community Champion

Hey JEFHQ12951​ thank you for brining this to our attention.  If you can give me the phone number for Deactivated user​ then I will give her a call to help her with this issue.

FYI: I am guessing that she is trying to get her account set up via the SSO but it is telling her that her email is already in use. (That's the issue we've been noticing the past couple days.) We will likely have to remove her existing Jive account that is unable to merge with the incoming SSO request, and then she should be fine.

Looking forward to helping Lesley!

View solution in original post

themidiman
Community Champion

Hi Deactivated user​

Deactivated user​can be reached at (480) 857-5341

Thank you!

jordan
Community Champion

Tried to call but no answer, so I left a message. Thanks Jeffrey