The day is here! It’s time for us to pack up and move!

Community Team
Community Team
11 9 2,917

Image Credit

Canvas Community is migrating to a new platform.  Here are the important dates and times you’ll want to note.  

In the short time we’re offline, you will be able to access the Guides at https://guides.instructure.com/

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

12:00pm MDT:  The Community will begin to move into READ ONLY mode.

5:00pm MDT: The Community will be taken temporarily offline. It should be offline for at least 6 hours and will return online in READ ONLY mode.

Thursday, August 6, 2020

Our team will check everything on the new site and then open it up as quickly as possible! community.canvaslms.com will be redirected to the new Community site

We look forward to seeing you there!

Curious how we got here? 

9 Comments
Navigator

I'm starting to get excited. I appreciate knowing the time specifics.

Community Advocate
Community Advocate

I'm excited too. I've got my bag packed and am ready to go!
Worth the scheduled visit to campus to pick up this gear!

Community Coach
Community Coach

Let's do it.

Can't wait to see where all the goodies go. 

Best of luck!

Adventurer

Can't wait to see the new place. Just make sure that you....

354488_pivot.gif

Adventurer

In Group Hubs for Khoros, people can add discussions, blog posts, knowledgebase/guides, Q&A, and ideas. That way, when creating a new idea, they can choose exactly where the idea should go to. For example, Dark Mode best fits in the Instructional Designers Group Hub. Hope to see the new changes coming!

Community Team
Community Team

Hey kelvin.dean97@gmail.com 

This is true! We've been learning tons about how Khoros functions similarly and differently than Jive and questioning and adjusting strategy as we build the new Community.  In the beginning we will not be leveraging idea conversations within groups.  (not sure if we will in the future - we still have lots to learn).  Idea conversations will remain centralized as a key part of the 'product' focused section of Community.  We've done a lot of work to improve the roadmap and beta feedback areas and want to keep idea conversations connected to that space.  

Looking forward to you seeing it soon!

Explorer III

A new community on the way!!!

Canvas-New-Community

Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Let's Do This

Community Team
Community Team

Community goes read only in 23 minutes.  This is happening!  Smiley Happy 

About the Author
I have worked for Instructure since 2012. Before that I worked in the community college system in Washington State. I live in Idaho
Labels