cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james_sanzin
Community Champion

This is a JIVE question. Anyone know if I have to challenge a grandmaster to "level up?"

Jump to solution

I have been sitting at "2 more points to Educator I."  

251884_Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 8.40.30 AM.png

I am earning points, but not leveling up. Do I have to go fight some guy on a mountain in a deathmatch to earn the next level? 

251903_IMG_2595.GIF

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
laurakgibbs
Community Champion

Mwahahaha. No deathmatches please. Let me see if I can push you over the edge so to speak ha ha.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
laurakgibbs
Community Champion

Mwahahaha. No deathmatches please. Let me see if I can push you over the edge so to speak ha ha.

View solution in original post

It worked. I did not want to have to fight you, laurakgibbs lol.

james_sanzin
Community Champion

Wow! Now that I look at it did not level me up.  It now says I have 4,048 points, but I am 3452 points away from Educator I.  It did not promote me. It appears a fight is expected lol. #canvasnerd#jive rewards

251925_Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 10.57.23 AM.png

Now that is just weird! Maybe  @Renee_Carney ‌ or stefaniesanders‌ can help to figure this out. I am glad to volunteer any/all points required for experimentation via the badging thing, so just let me know.

I don't pay attention to the levels much except, yes, I would like to get the Spock icon. Because Spock. But that's not going to happen, alas 🙂

Vulcan level screenshot

Yeah, I probably one of the few who pay attention to that. I found it interesting that points and titles do appear to motivate me. It drove me to implement systems that incorporate this into my instruction and I did see a portion of my students that were motived by digital rewards that are simply cosmetic.  Which is why I really wish I could get some of this JIVE stuff into my Canvas course. 

I also noticed that I am completing missions, but not earning points. 

Now where can I find that Community Panda to fight him.

251926_Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 11.02.16 AM.png

Mwahahahaha don't mess with the panda! 🙂

angry panda with teeth

Hey  @james_sanzin ‌, you would have lost. laurakgibbs‌ is one tough cookie.

I heard she's a regional MMA Cage Champ!

Kelley

Why do you think I challenged the Panda instead? #tooscaredtofightlaura