We see you, Dr. Rose

travis_thurston
Community Champion

Teacher Appreciation 2020

Dear Dr. Rose Judd-Murray,

It takes amazing educators like you to help all of us get through difficult times. 

Let's face it...

Teaching is not easy. Teaching online/remote/hybrid is not easy. And teaching during crisis adds an additional layer of complexity. Now more than ever we need to support our students, and help them process through the changing world. What does that require? First and foremost, we have to recognize that we're all humans and none of us signed up for this. It requires all of us to show empathy and be flexible in our expectations for ourselves, and the expectations we have for our students. We need to see each other, see our vulnerabilities, and see our humanity. 

Rose, you exemplify teaching as building human connection. You model it day-in and day-out in your classroom, and your students know that you care about them. They know that they are more than just names on a role sheet to you, because you build relevant learning experiences and you legitimately care about them as individuals.

I needed to write this letter, so you know that I see you. What you do as an educator isn't easy, but it is valued more than you might realize. I know that you're doing everything you can to help your students to be successful.

And for that, I say...

Thank You (You're the Best!),

Dr. Travis N Thurston

343490_2020 Community Badges.png