cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Where do I put a "how to"?

I would like to do a screencast or write some instructions on how to do something.

Where would I put that sort of content, please and thank you?

7 Replies
Community Team
Community Team

Hi cwendt@plymouth.k12.in.us, the answer is: that depends! Tell us more: What's the screencast or tutorial going to be about?

It's going to be about how to set up a keyboard for international characters. The functionality is already built into every computer, but apparently people don't know it's there.

This would be a tutorial of great interest to a wide number of users (of course, foreign language teachers and students, but many others as well). I'm doing some checking on the best way to place this resource in the Community, and I'll update the thread when I have more info.

Community Team
Community Team

Also, cwendt@plymouth.k12.in.us, since this is a question about creating resources in the Community rather than the inner workings of Canvas, I'm going to move it to the Meta Community​ space, where the answer will be of interest to many content contributors.

stefaniesanders: As the kids would say, I didn't even know that was a thing!

cwendt@plymouth.k12.in.us, the Community is an amazing place, full of surprises.

Community Member

This sounds like a great idea, cwendt@plymouth.k12.in.us​. I noticed that you are also a part of the Español​ group. I suggest you post it there first. Then, as our international presence grows (in the community) we can begin sharing it to other groups and/or move the video to where we think might be the best place for it.

Looking forward to your screencast! Smiley Happy